The successful candidate will be joining NBCUniversal at an exciting time where it is transforming from an operational, tool-based cyber defense program to an intelligence and threat-based organization. They will partner with other Cyber Security leaders as well as NBCUniversal businesses to support the design, development and deployment of secure solutions by understanding the technical aspects of the business problems and technical leadership across many different technology stacks and cloud platforms
As a member of the Cybersecurity Architecture team, the successful candidate will function as a strategic thought leader and subject matter expert for cybersecurity. This includes helping to identifying gaps in capabilities, evaluating new tools, and working with senior leadership to define strategy.
This role will also function as a subject matter expert for DDI (DNS, DHCP, IPAM) as the technical leader responsible for the secure design and development, of a DDI architecture and technology solutions that address NBCUniversal's current and emerging business and technology requirements.
This position reports to the VP of Cyber Security Architecture and Engineering working in close collaboration with the CISO, CISO's direct reports, other lead architects and with the NBCUniversal business areas
* Ensure the NBCUniversal enterprise network is secure.
* Define and document a 3-5 year security technology vision and roadmaps.
* Participate in leading and defining security practices for enterprise networks using an intelligence and threat-driven defense model.
* Prioritize enterprise initiatives to build towards an intelligence-driven organization. Serve as security architect on key enterprise and business security initiatives.
* Lead initiatives to ensure that the technology vision is realized including developing advance detection and monitoring capabilities for incident management, response planning and reaction to events.
* Serve as the cyber security DNS / DHCP / IPAM subject-matter leader and provide technical direction and leadership to resolve critical design or operational issues
* Shape the DDI Roadmap to ensure alignment of security initiatives, business access needs, and technology drivers to help drive a secure, world class identity and access framework
* Support businesses in designing, implementing and deploying secure systems. Validate designs as requested by businesses.
* Identify and communicate key risks and security posture to senior leadership.
* Communicate risk decisions, critical project status, recommended strategy updates to senior leadership.
* Work with engineers to develop and/or tune security related software. Use machine learning or advanced techniques to identify security risks.
* Solve complex technical and integration issues with creative and secure solutions.
* Build effective relationships across NBCU businesses.
* Mentor junior security engineers and architects. Build and contribute to communities of excellence as appropriate.
* 10+ years experience in a cybersecurity architecture role.
* Previous experience in a technical leadership position.
* Intellectual capability and curiosity to learn complex processes.
* Proven thought leadership, strategic thinking and decision-making.
* Excellent technical subject matter expertise in DDI (DNS, DHCP, IPAM)
* Experience designing and deploying DNS architectures in large enterprise level environments
* Experience with DNS security principles
* Experience in large scale networks, routing protocols, and network security components
* Experience working with Cloud providers
* 5 + years Infoblox experience in design concepts and deployment
* Experience with Microsoft DNS
* Subject matter expertise in an area such as the software as a service, software defined networking, and/or secure data sharing workflows.
* Threat modeling and assessment experience
* Experience developing reference architectures
* Must be able to travel up to 20% of the time
* Must be flexible, and have a creative approach to business, with demonstrated track record of aligning technical objectives and programs to enterprise objectives and strategies
* Highly collaborative; personally and professionally self-aware; able to and interested in interacting with employees at all levels; embody integrity; and represent and inspire the highest ethical standards.
* Strong sense of urgency and commitment, as well as sound business sense with a strategic, conceptual and operational orientation
* Experience advising and representing senior executives and business line leadership on technical related issues
* Excellent relationships with key vendors and other relevant industry contacts
* Highly collaborative; personally and professionally self-aware; able to and interested in interacting with employees at all levels; embody integrity; and represent and inspire the highest ethical standards
* Careful listener with the confidence to make crisp and tough decisions about difficult issues; natural propensity to make others feel that their view points and perspectives are adequately considered; great judge of talent and a superb role model for future leaders; ability to retain, develop and attract best-in-class talent from inside and outside the organization
* Passion for and interest in media and entertainment industry highly desired
* Experience developing for and deploying to the cloud
* Linux/Unix background