Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction
Assists with providing detection, identification, and reporting of possible cyber attacks/intrusions, anomalous activities, and misuse activities. Uses CND tools for continual monitoring and analysis of system activity to identify malicious activity. Assists with performing security event and incident correlation using information gathered from a variety of sources within the enterprise.
We are seeking an individual with a broad base of experience in Information Technologies and Cybersecurity, and the desire and drive to make a difference. As a Computer Network Defense (CND) Analyst you will be responsible for monitoring an extensive array of networks to detect suspicious and malicious activity that could jeopardize the health of information systems. Our Analysts are responsible for reviewing logs from various security tools and network traffic analyzers. You must be able to research, compile information and prepare computer security incident reports based on events, incidents and intrusions that are detected. You will work closely with Incident Response Analysts, Infrastructure Engineers and System Administrators to ensure proper handling and mitigation of all activity detected.
* Constant monitoring of intrusion detection systems using SEIM tools
* Creation of technical incident response reports based on intrusions and events
* Provides assistance in computer incident investigations
* Perform independent research and analysis of security threats
* Coordinate with other teams to analyze, investigate and remediate detected incidents
* Analyze and evaluate anomalous network and system activity
* Recommend modifications to security tools to better detect, prevent, and mitigate intrusions
* Knowledge of computer network defense and vulnerability assessment tools, including open source tools, and their capabilities
* Knowledge of defense-in-depth principles and network security architecture
* Skill in collecting data from a variety of computer network defense resources
* Strong ability to work independently and as part of a cohesive and collaborative team
* Knowledge and understanding of networking, network layers, protocols, devices and multiple operating systems
* The ability to utilize critical thinking, to think outside of the box, and to communicate clearly while under pressure
* Participates in special projects as required.
BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2+ years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
* The successful candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong work ethic
* He/she must have several years' experience with and be able to analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation; evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk
* The CND Monitoring & Incident Response Analyst performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction
* She/he receives data about and performs further analysis on Events of Interest to include Suspicious Cyber Activity Reports (SCARS).
* Develops; refines; and performs advanced analysis techniques to uncover new or potential incidents
* Analysis techniques may be refined into training and process improvements that are promulgated back to the CND Watch for sustained operations
* Performs in-depth analysis techniques to uncover new or potential incidents and recommends defensive and proactive measures to thwart potential and malicious activity or inappropriate use by any internal or external entity to include: conducting malicious code activity analysis; determining the effects on a system or the network; assisting in gathering potential evidence for law enforcement; etc.
* She/he prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI with Polygraph.
Employment is contingent upon having the required certifications at start of employment and upon keeping required certifications current.
* DoD 8570 IAT Level 2
* One of the following: Security+CE; GSEC, SSCP; CCNA-Security; CISA; GCIH; GCED; CISSP; or CASP CE.
* CNDSP Analyst certification:
* One of the following: CEH*, GCIA; or GCIH.
* In some circumstances; Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) training will be provided to cover the CNDSP Analyst certification requirement. If selected; certification must be obtained 30 days after training completion date.
As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Benefits of this Position:
* Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
* Professional Development Assistance - Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
* Educational Reimbursement - toward degree programs and individual coursework
* 401K Match - with 100% vesting on day one
* Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
* We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
* Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
* Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
* Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
* Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
* Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
* Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
* Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.