BAI, Inc. is looking for a Cybersecurity Incident Responder to join our team in Quantico, VA. This is an opportunity to progress in your existing knowledge and skills within Cybersecurity and to work in a bleeding-edge defense environment. If you are looking for more Cyber experience and want the opportunity to advance further in this realm, apply now.
* Individuals collect and analyze event information and performs threat or target analysis duties. Provides operations for persistent monitoring on a 24/7 basis of all designated networks, enclaves, and systems.
* Interprets, analyzes, and reports all events and anomalies in accordance with Computer Network directives, including initiating, responding, and reporting discovered events.
* Manages and executes first-level responses and addresses reported or detected incidents. Reports to and coordinates with external organizations and authorities. Coordinates and distributes directives, vulnerability, and threat advisories to identified consumers.
* Provides daily summary reports of network events and activities and delivers metric reports. Investigate and identify the appropriate mechanisms for preventing and blocking (future) computer use violations.
* Provide updates to support closure of security policy violations.
* *Basic Qualifications:
* To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* Bachelor's Degree with 2 years experience or six (6) years of professional experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree.
* 2 years of applicable network experience.
* 1 year of CND experience.
* Must hold a Secret Clearance
* Must have at minimum the Security+ CE and the C|EH certification to start.
* Basic Packet Analysis experience.
* Familiarity with and ability to investigate Intrusion Detection System alerts.
* Knowledge of CND policies, regulations and compliance documents specific to the DoD.
* Familiarity with CJCSM 6510.01A.
* Understanding of functionality and capabilities of computer network defense technologies, to include: Router ACLs, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Anti-virus, Web Content Filtering.
* Working toward attaining the GCIA or GCIH certifications within 180 days from start date
BAI, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Celebrating 20 years of successful Business, BAI - one of Inc. Magazine's 5,000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies In America - has built a strong reputation upon the excellence of our carefully selected employees and the comprehensive, innovative solutions we provide to our government clients. BAI employees are customer-focused, cleared professionals with the education and experience to support a wide spectrum of science and technology, management, analytical, administrative, security, and IT/cybersecurity mission areas. From managing research and education programs in homeland security-related fields to reviewing critical technology acquisition initiatives for compliance with international arms control agreements, our forward-thinking employees are continually positioned to make a positive impact on our country's safety, security, and resilience, now and in the future.