For 30 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world's most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
5-180918-7826: Cyber Exercise Planner
LocationU.S. - Virginia - Arlington Open Date6/5/2019 JOB DESCRIPTION
STG, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of SOS International LLC (SOSi), is seeking an Exercise Planner to support the Department of Homeland Security in Tysons, VA. The selected applicant will become part of the United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT), responsible for analyzing and reducing cyber threats and vulnerabilities, disseminating cyber threat warning information, and coordinating incident response activities.
The Operations Analyst will support the National Cyber Exercise Planning Program (NCEPP) by scheduling, coordinating, and execute large-scale, dynamic planning conferences, work group meetings, interim progress reviews, teleconferences and both secure and unclassified video-teleconferences to supportfull spectrum of cyber exercises including: Seminars/Workshops, Tabletop exercises (TTX), Functional Exercises (FE) and Full-Scale Exercises (FSE).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
* As a member of the DHS NCCIC National Cyber Exercise and Planning Program (NCEPP), build realistic, challenging, and relevant exercise scenarios that meet strategic and operational exercise objectives for state, local, territorial, tribal, federal, and international stakeholders.
* Provide end to end cyber exercise support including scheduling, coordinating, and conducting planning meetings, work group meetings, and exercise facilitation.
* Gather and analyze facts, draw conclusions, conduct analysis, devise recommended solutions, and package the entire process into briefings, papers, or reports suitable for executive- level leadership.
* Support full spectrum of cyber exercises including: Seminars/Workshops, Tabletop Exercises (TTX), Functional Exercises (FE) and Full-Scale Exercises (FSE).
* Represent the organization as the prime technical, cyber and exercise, contact during exercise planning, conduct, and post exercise. Interact with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
* Security Clearance: Top Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI is required. In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
* Education: Bachelors Degree in a related field.
* Certifications: None
* This position may be filled at multiple grades based on experience: Minimum of 2 years related technical experience for a level 2 role, minimum of 5 years related technical experience for a level 3 role, minimum of 9 years related technical experience for a level 4 role, or minimum of 15 years related technical experience for a level 5 role.
* Strong leadership experience or capacity required.
* Planning and conducting exercises and report preparation experience is required.
* Understanding of the various types of cyber threats and attack vectors, and the consequences of cyber attacks.
* Strong ability to schedule, announce, plan, coordinate and execute large-scale, dynamic planning conferences, work group meetings, interim progress reviews, teleconferences and both secure and unclassified video-teleconferences.
* Current active DHS SCI and EOD.
* Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) course.
* Industry standard certifications (Security+, CASP, CISSP, etc.)
* FEMA emergency response or COOP training.
* Ability to lead a team of exercise planners during the planning and conduct of cyber exercises.
* Ability to produce results in a fast-paced environment with the ability to meet iterative deadlines.
* Ability to facilitate discussion based exercises for groups of up to 100 people.