The CRM/Salesforce.com Programmer Analyst II is a member of Boston University's Information Services and Technology team who is responsible for the design, configuration, development, release and support of CRM/Salesforce applications, components and integrations used to enable Boston University's academic, administrative and ancillary processes. The CRM Programmer Analyst II is an intermediate professional role that may work on multiple projects as a developer or as the subject matter expert. This individual will participate in projects that require Salesforce or vended packages that run on Salesforce, therefore knowledge of the Salesforce.com platform is required. This position will also be responsible for operational support and maintenance of various applications enabling university processes and systems. This individual may also coach and mentor more junior technical staff or student employees.
Essential functions of this position are:
* Participate on project teams to design, configure, develop, test and release applications/components pursuant to business, architectural and/or service requirements. Design, configuration, development, test and release activity should be in alignment with industry and BU best practices, guidelines and standards.
* Participate in operational support and maintenance of CRM/Salesforce.com based services. This includes consulting on or working incidents, service requests, defects, enhancements, upgrades, patches and service improvement initiatives.
* Invests time learning/enhancing skills related to CRM/Salesforce.com by active participation in technology users groups and professional organizations and formal training or degree programs.
* Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
* Over 3 years of IT work experience or the equivalent with demonstrated knowledge in CRM/Salesforce.com. Higher Ed implementations is desirable
* Knowledge of Salesforce APIs (bulk API, Metadata API), Web Services (SOAP, REST), e-mail integrations
* Salesforce Developer and Administration Certifications e.g. DEV 401, ADM 201, App Builder desirable
* Knowledge of Salesforce development, best practices and design patterns Force.com, Visualforce, Apex, SOQL, custom objects, workflows, triggers, Force.com IDE, migration tools, etc.…
* Experience integrating Salesforce with 3rd party systems using web services and app exchange apps •Understanding, adoption and utilization of declarative customizations versus programmatic customizations
* Knowledge of TargetX is desirable
* Experience with agile development methodologies
* Understanding of project management concepts and frameworks such as waterfall, Prince 2, Scrum
* Experience working on projects/issues of medium to high complexity
* Intermediate to advanced computer skills in the following software packages: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio.
* Effective oral and written communication skills to work with subject matter experts (SMEs) and business partners within the University to elicit the information necessary for project technical design.
* Deadline driven with little oversight
* Team player; professionalism and self-confidence
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.