United Way of King County is a recognized leader in solving the community's toughest challenges and we're looking for a CRM Lead to join our IT Operations & Administration team. This position champions the use of Dynamics CRM and related technologies to further our strategic goals and realize our mission. The CRM Lead works closely with business and technical stakeholders to establish cohesive partnerships and strong alignment to turn clients' pain points and business needs into solutions that increase our impact. The position collaborates with our team of data, developer, reporting and integration leads in this important work. This position serves as a CRM trainer for the organization, ensuring that staff are offered and receive training on Dynamics CRM and related technologies and processes, including online and classroom options, as well as easy to understand, current, online documentation.
* Leads analysis discussions with clients and prospects to gather and document structured requirements and user stories.
* Designs scalable solutions that leverage Dynamics CRM and peripheral technologies, such as ClickDimensions, Microsoft Power Platform, and SharePoint.
* Determines where customization / development effort is required to meet business requirements as opposed to Dynamics CRM configuration, with the ability to justify the need for customization.
* Implements customizations, add-ons, and features in Dynamics CRM and updates or creates user and admin documentation.
* Translates an implementation design into actionable tasks and builds components with effort estimates.
* Plans for, mobilizes and leads various stages of the engagement lifecycle beyond the solution implementation, including but not limited to: testing efforts, user acceptance testing, solution demonstrations, and end user training.
* Reviews and analyzes existing CRM effectiveness and efficiency, and then develops strategies for improving or leveraging the system.
* Engages with larger Dynamics CRM user community, i.e. CRMUG, other non-profits and United Ways using Dynamics CRM, to share and learn best practices.
* Reports software issues to vendor and ensures successful resolution, e.g. ClickDimensions, Microsoft, etc.
* Develops and maintains training program and curriculum for CRM and related applications, including training staff trainers where applicable.
* Develops online training program for CRM and other applications to transition training
from classroom to electronic training when applicable.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Demonstrated ability to understand organizational and IT business drivers and to lead
CRM development work in accordance with those drivers.
* Comfortable leading a client and team through the entire software development life
cycle, bringing best practices to the engagement.
* Demonstrated ability in implementing Dynamics CRM in waterfall, agile and hybrid
* Proven interpersonal and collaboration skills.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate technical
and/or complex information in a clear and understandable manner to both technical
and non-technical personnel.
* Strong organizational skills, proven ability to manage multiple work requests and/or
deadlines, and ability to prioritize work in an environment of changing requests for
* Demonstrated ability to create and deliver technical classroom training curriculum to
adults with varied styles of learning and varied levels of experience with technology.
* Demonstrated ability to create easily understood and followed end-user
documentation and training materials to support classroom and online training.
* Demonstrated ability to create an online learning environment.
Education and/or Experience:
The annual recruitment range is $ 72,500 to $ 77,000, depending on successful experience and prior accomplishments. Don't hesitate, please apply here now.
Note: All candidates MUST apply on our Careers Website in order to be considered for this position.
United Way of King County is an exceptional workplace that can provide you with:
* Opportunity to work with smart, passionate and enthusiastic team members and
* Working with diverse staff and other constituents
* Culture of high-performance expectations and accountability
* Exciting and challenging work
* Opportunity to help solve the community's toughest problems
* Competitive pay that is commensurate with demonstrated successful performance and experience
* Many other benefits that we are happy to discuss with you
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage people of color to apply.
We are an Employer of National Service: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.