Linden Lab builds places where anyone can create virtual worlds. Our team builds and maintains the product pipeline through which our virtual world platform services and client installers run. We're a collaborative bunch who work together to solve hard problems and are constantly looking at ways to improve the software development and deployment process.
What you'll do:
Build and support product development and release for Linden Lab products with an emphasis on continuous deployment.
* Design and implement systems and software to support continuous delivery and deployment of a next generation virtual world platform services.
* Work with larger engineering organization to optimize the development process
* Implement tools to support a variety of tasks including developer workflow, third-party integrations, automated testing frameworks, and custom deployments.
* Build on a collaborative culture that values creativity, learning, and teaching
* Help transform the needs of our many internal customers into a clear roadmap
* Provide clear and regular status updates
What you'll need:
* Firm grasp of engineering principles and project management
* Excellent knowledge of provisioning and maintaining build environments and software deployment strategies
* Solid knowledge of build and configuration management tools
* A strong commitment to to supporting our developer and product needs
* A knack for bringing projects from vision to fruition
* The ability to switch gears and/or multi-task
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
What we use and teach:
* Languages we use daily: Bash, Python
* Languages we support: C++, Java, Python, Golang, NodeJS
* Docker, Jenkins, Amazon Web Services
* Mercurial, Git
What would be awesome:
* Having experience building tools for internal customers
* Having experience working in regulated environments
* Having experience ensuring team objectives are well-scoped and met in a timely fashion
LINDEN LAB PERKS & BENEFITS
* Competitive compensation packages
* Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
* 401(k) savings plan with company match
* Stock options
* Quarterly bonuses distributed by the Love Machine, our unique peer appreciation tool
* Weekly catered lunches & a never-ending snack supply
* Generous vacation policy
* Education reimbursement - up to $5k / year
* Gym membership stipend
* Commuter program
* Paid parental leave
* Quarterly Waffle Days
* Beautiful, dog-friendly offices in great locations
* and more!
Linden Research, Inc. is committed to being an inclusive and diverse company and an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.