Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The database security group is chartered to provide security infrastructure components for Oracle product groups and develop security products and solutions for Oracle customers. Oracle is the leader and pioneer in database security. Our group has been innovating and extending the lead on our competitors. We develop core database security infrastructure and functionality in database that address emerging security challenges for enterprise level applications. Cloud security, homeland security, privacy, compliance, defense and healthcare are among the areas that benefit from the technologies we develop.
We have exciting opportunities in the development of a brand new end-to-end database security platform for the next generation enterprise applications. This infrastructure spans from database kernel to middle-ware and applications, and seamlessly integrates database, application server, identity management and application development. It aims to provide a powerful and uniform data security service for cloud-based and on-premise enterprise applications. With centerpiece in the database, the scalable and secure system involves extensive design and integration with major components on Oracle technology stack from RDBMS kernel to JavaEE and platform security, Identity Management, application frameworks, and cloud integration. It's also expanded to support open source middle-ware and applications and cloud services.
* Provide strong technical leadership and expertise in the development of a new database security infrastructure.
* Specify, design and implement major features and enhancements for a new security platform.
* Recommend and justify major changes to existing features, components and processes.
* Collaborate with other development, testing and integration groups in joint efforts to deliver the new software.
* Assume ownership of key components and modules, and maintain and enhance them.
* Provide technical advise and guidance to developers and testers.
* Strong technical expertise in security, database and system.
* Strong communication skills, analytical skills, and hands-on problem solving capabilities
* MS degree or equivalent experience is preferred
* 8 years of system software development or equivalent experience is preferred
* Experience in RDBMS or complex system software, or large database applications
* Experience in building web applications in JavaEE, exposure to IDM and Java security
* Proficient programing skills in C/C , Java and Python.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.