Configuration and Release Engineer
We are seeking a Configuration and Release Engineer to join our project team in building and implementing enterprise grade software systems. The role will establish and enforce configuration and change management controls for a portfolio of development projects. He or she will work as part of a dynamic Agile IT development team.
* Develop, document, and implement detailed plans for ensuring configuration and change control for IT programs, projects, and tasks
* Maintain thorough records and documentation to ensure accurate product builds and releases
* Implement an automated continuous integration DevOps pipeline including test, build, and deployment
* Lead change control activities including CCB chairmanship, change coordination, and communication
* Participate in daily Agile team meetings to coordinate and schedule all change, configuration, and build activity
* Adhere to standard operating procedures for Release Management, Incident & Change Management
* Conduct audits to ensure that all artifacts are stored in the appropriate configuration repository
* Demonstrate continual process improvements by reviewing configuration and release metrics and suggesting technology and/or process improvements
* Identify and implement solutions to issues
* Collect and report program metrics
* Maintain the program Deployment Schedule
* Coordinate release deployment and verification activities. Conduct cross-team coordination, go/no-go determination, and rollback verification.
* 5+ in a configuration management role to include change and release management support
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, and written skills
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experience
* U.S. Citizen or permanent resident and meet 3-year US residency requirement with the ability to attain a Public Trust clearance
Location: Rockville, MD
* Hands-on experience with the following tools:
* Eclipse IDE
* Oracle IDE
* HP WebInspect
* HP Fortify
* HP ALM
Salient CRGT is a leading provider of health, data analytics, cloud, agile software development, mobility, cyber security, and infrastructure solutions. We support these core capabilities with full lifecycle IT services and training-to help our customers meet critical goals for pivotal missions. We are purpose-built for IT transformation supporting federal civilian, defense, homeland, and intelligence agencies, as well as Fortune 1000 companies.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, express interest by clicking the Apply button below (if you are viewing this position on the Salient CRGT website). If you are viewing this job posting outside of the Salient CRGT website, please visit: www.salientcrgt.com/careers to express interest in this position through the Salient CRGT Careers page.
Salient CRGT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other factor prohibited by applicable anti-discrimination laws.