What Your Job Will Be Like
We are seeking a Computing Infrastructure Engineer to join our team. Are you passionate about your work and dream of utilizing state-of-the-art facilities to explore solutions? If so, you could be the Computing Infrastructure Engineer we are seeking to join our dynamic team.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
* Troubleshoot problems with video conferencing systems including Cisco and Polycom products
* Manage and resolve issues with network firewalls or faulty network connections
* Lead or participate in process improvement activities such as Lean 6, ISO, CMMi and ITIL
* Manage IT services, monitoring and tracking KPIs
* Deploy and administer systems in a high-security production environment (i.e. STIGs or USGCB)
Qualifications We Require
* You have a Bachelor's degree in Computing, Engineering, or Science discipline plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience (or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience)
* Your experience includes any or all of the following: Polycom, Cisco, Skype or similar technologies
* Your background includes experience and support of infrastructure systems, networks and/or IT service management
Qualifications We Desire
* Experience with Video Conferencing Systems.
* Understanding of Systems Engineering disciplines particularly Requirements Management and Configuration Management.
* Strong understanding of networking, cybersecurity, infrastructure support and system design.
* Experience with process improvement activities such as Lean 6, ISO, CMMi and ITIL.
* Experience managing IT services, monitoring and tracking KPIs.
* Experience with deploying and administering systems in a high-security production environment (i.e. STIGs or USGCB).
* An ACTIVE Q or SCI security clearance.
About Our Team
The CA App Dev & Tech Library is responsible for providing the CA site with custom web application development services and technical library resources.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation's premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
* Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
* Extraordinary co-workers
* Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
* Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
* Flexible schedules, generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
* These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.