Join Avitas Systems as a software engineer to get a taste of industrial AI at its best!
Avitas Systems is a BHGE venture advancing the inspection and risk assessment services industries through predictive data analytics, robotics, computer vision and artificial intelligence. Its solutions increase safety and decrease inspection costs for industries by providing state-of-the-art robotic-based autonomous inspection management and a cloud-based platform that fuses, analyzes, and stores comprehensive inspection data to deliver advanced inspection scheduling recommendations based on anticipated risk.
The software engineering position is with computer vision team developing image, video and 3D data understanding algorithms that detect components and defects as relevant to inspection activities of large industrial assets. This is an exciting position to observe and contribute on how cutting-edge vision technologies such as SLAM, Deep-learning and Geomatics are used as part of a very ambitious product that predict and represent health of large assets such as power distribution lines, refineries and solar farms by exploitation of data collected by moving platforms such as drones and or streamed from fixed sensors.
The Computer Vision Software Engineer will work closely with Computer Vision Scientists and Engineers to rapidly build, test, deploy and evaluate the analyses and models to create high-fidelity data registration, automated classification, detection, and prediction solutions.
In this role Computer Vision Software Engineer, you will:
* Software development to provide a cloud-based image / video / 3D data processing solution to understand data and generate inspection reports automatically * Continuous optimization of algorithm performance, run-time, software quality through unit tests and efficiency * Help build CI / CD pipeline for testing, deployment and optimizations of all modules * Data preparation, cleaning and large scale experimentation as needed to build solutions * Collaborate with cross-functional teams across multiple offices and regions
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited college or university
* Minimum 3 years of experience in programming and software design skills in object oriented paradigm
* Master's Degree from accredited college or university
* Minimum 2 years of post-graduate industry experience
* Fluent with C , Java and Python * Experience or class work related to Computer Vision and/or Deep Learning
* Experience with frameworks and languages such as Tensorflow, Keras, OpenCV, VXL, PCL, DLIB, scikit-learn
* Experience with analytics development for industrial applications in a commercial / industrial setting
* System Engineering and API based integration experience for large production systems
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication
* Boston, MA
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.