Are you searching for meaningful work in image and video processing?
Are you passionate about machine learning and artificial intelligence?
Do you like contributing to critical challenges that require cross-disciplined approaches?
If so, we're looking for someone like you to join our team at APL.
We are seeking a computer vision engineer to help us detect, classify, and track cruise, ballistic, and hypersonic missile threats. In this position you will have the opportunity to develop algorithms that address critical defense problems that impact our country. You will devise creative solutions to unusual problems in a small team environment. We need someone who possesses initiative, creativity, breadth of knowledge and a desire for continuous learning. We provide an inclusive environment for hardworking teams of engineers and scientists to apply their diverse backgrounds in physics, math, electrical engineering and computer science to tackle critical missile defense challenges.
As a Computer Vision Engineer...
* You will develop algorithms for computer vision, image processing, machine learning, and data fusion for unmanned air and space platforms to enable detection, tracking, discrimination, aim-point selection and intercept assessment in stimulating, uncertain environments.
* You will build physics- and experiment-based models of state of the art air- and space-based sensors to enable signal processing and intelligent algorithm development.
* You will collaborate with other hardworking staff to implement, verify and test algorithms in computer-in-the-loop and hardware-in-the-loop environments.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
* Possess an M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related technical discipline
* Have 3 years of experience working with Computer Vision and/or Machine Learning algorithm development.
* Are skilled in C/C software development in a Linux environment.
* Are able to obtain an Interim Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain a Top Secret level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
* Have PhD in Computer Science, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering with at least 5 years of prior Computer Vision and/or Machine Learning development experience.
* Are a superb communicator, both written and verbal.
* Have a TS/SCI level clearance.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.