Job ID#: 24146BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Computer Systems Engineer
Job Category: Engineering
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Computer Systems Engineer in our GCS (Ground Control Station) Project Engineering Group
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for Computer Hardware and Operating System Design and IA Hardening for the GA-ASI Unmanned Aerial System.
* Will work with Senior and lead Engineers to develop new designs or modifications of existing systems as required to meet project requirements.
* Assignments are typically project based and outlined in terms of overall objectives and anticipated results. Work is reviewed at milestones or at completion. Applicant needs to be a self-motivated, self-starter.
* Work with peers and project teams to define computer system design requirements.
* Work with other groups such as Software Engineering, Configuration Management and Manufacturing personnel to facilitate tasks completion.
* Work with lead and peer Engineers on sustaining engineering tasks that impact existing GCS assemblies and sub-assemblies.
* Design, Create and Test Microsoft and Linux based computer systems and software images.
* Perform Information Assurance Hardening of Windows and Linux based Operating Systems to meet Cyber Security specifications
* Candidate must have working knowledge of incorporating Virtual Machines, creating dual/multi-boot systems, Information Assurance Hardening technics and employment of network based components.
* Candidate shall assist Lead and Peer Engineers in producing System Specifications, Image Creation Documents, Proof of Concept and Production Assemblies, Production Test Procedures (PTP), Integration and Information assurance documentation.
* Candidate must have engineering experience working with multiple computer platforms (Windows/Linux/VxWorks) and knowledge of client/server based computer systems.
* Candidate must be familiar with basic mechanical and electrical design concepts.
* Candidate must have knowledge of RETMA rack mountable equipment design and integration a plus.
* Candidate shall have the ability to organize, schedule and coordinate work phases, determining the appropriate approach at a given task level at the project level.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
* Typically requires a bachelor's degree, master's degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a bachelor's degree or two or more years of experience with a masters' degree.
* May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
* Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts, principles, codes, and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and, expanding knowledge of principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related technical specialties.
* Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
* Must have excellent communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one engineering area; and, lead a team of less experienced professional employees on semi-routine tasks.
* Able to work extended hours as required.
* A Professional Engineering License is desirable.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
* U.S. citizenship required.
* Certifications in the following: MCSA, MCP, Any Linux related certifications and/or training, CISSP, RHCSA, or CEH desired.
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
Clearance Required? Desired