Job ID R1901516 Date posted Feb. 15, 2019
CloudHealth by VMware is the global market leader in Cloud Service Management, and the most trusted software platform used to accelerate business transformation in the cloud. We are searching for dedicated and versatile engineers, who are passionate about working in a company whose culture is fanatical about innovation and fixated on delivering software products that solve our customers' most challenging business needs. As a Senior Member of Technical Staff, you'll have the opportunity to make a significant and direct impact on our platform and products, in addition to solving some of the most complex challenges in cloud computing.
Our microservices engineering team is responsible for the architecture, design, and implementation of common services for the 'Next Generation' of the CloudHealth platform which manages data from multiple cloud providers in support of our 4,000+ customers. You, in collaboration with your team, are responsible for developing a scalable platform to be consumed by our customers, partners, integrators, and CloudHealth feature development teams.
This team is leveraging the latest technologies to build reusable core services that must be secure, scalable, reliable, available, and performant. If you are great at solving scale and resiliency problems in a rapidly expanding 24/7 SaaS environment and thrive on the challenges of developing and deploying microservices, this is the team for you.
* Collaborate with the engineering leadership, product management, architects, and existing engineering teams to design, develop, and publish software supporting a highly available, fault-tolerant SaaS platform.
* Produce high quality and well-documented code in an automated CI/CD and test environment, taking full ownership of your features from inception to deployment and beyond.
* Contribute to relevant open source projects.
* Work in multi-functional Agile teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product objectives with end-to-end responsibility for your team's goals.
* 7+ years of commercial software development experience.
* 1+ years of building or using cloud services in a production environment.
* An understanding of team and individual goals and are motivated to accomplish them.
* Developing multi-tenant SaaS Applications with Java/Scala/Ruby.
* Developing software using a microservices architecture, with knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes, in leading cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP).
* Solving complex technical problems that involve researching multiple solutions, rapid prototyping, and then making the appropriate trade-offs.
* A sense of humor (non-negotiable).
We are already interested but would love experience with:
* Knowledge of cloud-based security, metrics, logging, or data storage services.
* Development and operational experience with Kafka or ElasticSearch.
* Knowledge of creating and accessing GraphQL API interfaces.
Apply now Apply now