We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Cloud Systems Engineer to join our team in Springfield, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The Cloud Systems Engineer will be responsible for designing and building cloud network, compute, and storage architectures using the cloud service provider's best practices. Additionally, the Cloud Systems Engineer will be responsible for deploying, configuring, securing, and monitoring common services. These services include automation tools, SecDevOps Tools, and container management environments. Experience with cloud native and/or open source automation tools is a must.
* Configure, administer, and support virtualized server environments in Microsoft Azure or AWS
* Configure, administer, and support the Microsoft Windows Server technology stack including, but not limited to Active Directory, DNS, File Services, Print Services, Clustering, ADFS, MSSQL
* Configure, administer and support networking environments including, but not limited to Microsoft Azure network and/or AWS network services (Gateways, vNet/VPC, ACL's/Security Groups etc).
* Administer and support Hybrid Cloud environments using Azure and working with technologies such as Azure AD, AD Connect, Azure Backup, ASR, Azure Networking (VNETs, Subnets, LB, ALB, and ATM), Azure Storage, App Services, Availability Sets, Virtual Machines, etc.
* Develop, document, and write policies, procedures to ensure provisioning and maintenance is consistent with industry best practices, and regulatory requirements for system deployment and configuration.
* Develop strategies, identify requirements and define specifications for automated deployment, configuration, patching, and proactive-remediation
* Provide advanced technical programming guidance for developing automation solutions based on best practices
* Design and architect solutions in collaboration with cross-functional engineering, infrastructure, and operations teams
* Provide advanced troubleshooting assistance and routinely collaborate with cross-functional teams on operational issues, projects, and initiatives
* Research emerging cloud and automation trends and provide recommendations for future expansion and improvements to networking and monitoring systems
3-10 years of experience and a B.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience.
1+ year developing infrastructure solutions within Microsoft Azure and/or AWS
1+ Experience with scripting automation tools such as Azure Resource Manager, CloudFormation, Ansible, Terraforms, Puppet, PowerShell, or similar tools
AWS Certified Architect and/or Azure Certified Architect
Experience developing full end to end automation scripts for the deployment of database and/or middleware platforms using automation tools such as Puppet or Ansible
Experience patching database platforms using automation tools such as Puppet or Ansible.
Experience with provisioning, configuring, and maintaining database platforms within Commercial Cloud Service Providers
Limited BI NOT required prior to start
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you'll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government's critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Req ID = 2019-6158