Job Overview & Responsibilities
The Cloud Systems Engineer will be responsible for designing and building cloud network, compute, and storage architectures using the cloud service provider's best practices. Additionally, the Cloud Systems Engineer will be responsible for deploying, configuring, securing, and monitoring common services. These services include automation tools, SecDevOps Tools, and container management environments. Experience with cloud native and/or open source automation tools is a must.
* Configure, administer, and support virtualized server environments in Microsoft Azure or AWS
* Configure, administer, and support the Microsoft Windows Server technology stack including, but not limited to Active Directory, DNS, File Services, Print Services, Clustering, ADFS, MSSQL
* Configure, administer and support networking environments including, but not limited to Microsoft Azure network and/or AWS network services (Gateways, vNet/VPC, ACL's/Security Groups etc).
* Administer and support Hybrid Cloud environments using Azure and working with technologies such as Azure AD, AD Connect, Azure Backup, ASR, Azure Networking (VNETs, Subnets, LB, ALB, and ATM), Azure Storage, App Services, Availability Sets, Virtual Machines, etc.
* Develop, document, and write policies, procedures to ensure provisioning and maintenance is consistent with industry best practices, and regulatory requirements for system deployment and configuration.
* Develop strategies, identify requirements and define specifications for automated deployment, configuration, patching, and proactive-remediation
* Provide advanced technical programming guidance for developing automation solutions based on best practices
* Design and architect solutions in collaboration with cross-functional engineering, infrastructure, and operations teams
* Provide advanced troubleshooting assistance and routinely collaborate with cross-functional teams on operational issues, projects, and initiatives
* Research emerging cloud and automation trends and provide recommendations for future expansion and improvements to networking and monitoring systems
* Must be a US Citizen to obtain a clearance
* At least 10 years of experience and a B.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience.
* 1+ year developing infrastructure solutions within Microsoft Azure and/or AWS
* 1+ Experience with scripting automation tools such as Azure Resource Manager, CloudFormation, Ansible, Terraforms, Puppet, PowerShell, or similar tools
* AWS Certified Architect and/or Azure Certified Architect
* Experience developing full end to end automation scripts for the deployment of database and/or middleware platforms using automation tools such as Puppet or Ansible
* Experience patching database platforms using automation tools such as Puppet or Ansible
* Experience with provisioning, configuring, and maintaining database platforms within Commercial Cloud Service Providers
Why work at Mythics?
Because at Mythics, YOU count! At Mythics, we have an environment that fosters creative thinking, respects your contributions, and accepts nothing less than excellence in serving our customers. We demonstrate these core principles daily through our corporate Values of Respect - Empathy - Excellence - Fun (REEF). Our REEF values are the foundation of everything we do.
* Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision plans available for you and your family
* Premier 401k retirement plan with corporate matching and a 529 college saving plan
* Tax-advantaged Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Account options
* Generous PTO bank and paid holidays
* Tuition reimbursement for continuing education
* Engaging company events such as quarterly awards, annual kick off parties, and FUN Fridays (early release once a month)
* Free gourmet coffee, tea, fresh fruits and healthy snacking alternatives
* Community Service activities and charitable giving programs
* Our GREEN approach - tracking energy consumption for reduction and purchasing only environmentally friendly products for our offices
Founded in 2000, Mythics is an award-winning Oracle systems integrator, consulting firm, managed services provider and elite Oracle platinum resale partner. Our business model is all about deep knowledge of Oracle technologies and business processes. We offer procurement and Oracle systems integration expertise across the full range of Oracle cloud, software, support, hardware, engineered systems, and appliances. It's a focus that gives us the critical business experience and the Oracle technology advantage you need to succeed.
Mythics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, medical condition, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes. Mythics, Inc. will treat all employees equally with respect to compensation; opportunities for advancement, including upgrading, promotion and transfer, and all other terms and conditions of employment. This company is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, and has designed and agreed to implement an Affirmative Action Program in accordance with Executive Order 11246 and VEVRAA Final Rule. Mythics, Inc. is able to provide alternative methods of application for those who are unable to complete an online form. Please contact email@example.com to arrange reasonable accommodations. To read more about your rights, please visit the Department of Labor Disability Rights Fact Sheet here. For more information about Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination, please view the "EEO is the Law" Poster here.