WHY DO WE LOVE COMING TO WORK EVERY DAY?
With over 10,000 superstars across 48 different countries globally, it is hard not to be inspired every single day. At Finastra we celebrate in global knowledge sharing, diversity and an opportunity to make a difference for each other and for our customers.
We are on a journey. After bringing two global Fintech leaders together in June 2017, Finastra has truly recognized the opportunity and power we have, by combining our expertise, successes and passion together. Whether it is in a collaboration hub or innovating with colleagues across our global landscape, we are one team creating a network of talent and creativity in a stimulating environment, to do what we can to make a difference for our customers.
Our people are leaders in their role and are always looking for new ways to help our customers grow, compete and optimize their business. From a graduate Software Engineer to an experienced Sales Executive - we are looking for personal leadership and people with the appetite to understand the markets and customers we serve. We drive innovation that challenges the status quo and feel proud of the positive differences that we make every day. We recognize talent and provide a work environment where leaders can drive results, develop and grow their careers.
Success is what you do, success is what we achieve, together.
The future of Finance is open - combine your talents with Finastra opportunities to create an exciting career with us.
For more information, visit Finastra.com
What will you contribute?
Reporting to the Senior Director, corporate Services, the Cloud Operations Engineer will operate as an effective member of the cloud Ops team; assign and track tasks to completion in support of the Director of Cloud Engineering, Operations, and delivery strategy. Meet capacity and up time requirements to provide an exceptional client experience.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
Your deliverables as Cloud Operations Engineer will include, but not limited to the following:
* Create and provide detailed process documents and standard operating procedure guidelines for all cloud environments and related processes
* The Cloud engineer will be responsible for capacity planning and cloud allocation
* Maintain thorough knowledge, accurately enforce and revise as needed all SOPs and company practices for the cloud.
* Develop technical and safety procedures on all cloud equipment and systems.
* Assist with budgeting and forecasting for cloud infrastructure and related capital/operational expenditures
* Create and compile common reporting across all cloud enviornments
* Understand the engineering design and operational aspects of all our cloud critical infrastructure systems.
* Assist with business continuity planning in regards to all cloud environments
* Maintain an equipment tracking system to provide effective preventative maintenance procedures for cloud infrastructure
* Manage space allocations in each environment to assure effective use of the environment
* Conduct audits to insure cloud enviornments are maintained and following defined standards
* Maintain strong vendor relationships
* Be an on call resource for cloud environment production issues
* Other duties as assigned.
* 5 - 7 years' experience in production environments
* Minimum of two (2) years of experience with centOS/RedHat
* Full working knowledge of cloud infrastructure
* Knowledge of monitoring and data collection tools that will enable a pro-active approach to maximize client availability.
* Ability to comprehend schematics diagrams and basic understanding of blueprints and plans
* Understanding of current cloud best practices, design principals, market trends and emerging technologies.
* Advanced knowledge of interpersonal communication for working with internal and external contacts.
* Proficiency in office tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio
* Excellent organization, communications, and computer skills are needed
* College Bachelor's Degree Preferred or equivalent work experience
* Basic understanding of networking concepts, hardware, firewalls, routers, and switches.
* Ability to express or exchange information by means of oral and written communication.
* Position involves mostly sedentary work, exerting a negligible amount of effort to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Work involves sitting most of the time.
* Manual dexterity to input data into the computer.
* Ability to stand, walk, reach, stoop, bend, and lift and carry up to 25 lbs. of weight (laptop, projector, suitcase, etc.).
* Some travel required
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability please contact us at 800-274-7280.
The Future is Collaborative. The Future is Open. The Future is Now.