Job Posting Description
The Digital 2.0 team at Boston Children's Hospital is designing digital solutions to enhance access to world-class pediatric expertise and build the care delivery model of the future. We are a multidisciplinary team spanning tech, business/strategy, and clinical backgrounds, working collaboratively to equip our patient families, referring providers and our caregivers with innovative, best-in-class digital tools. Join our team and discover how your talents can help change the landscape of healthcare, and the lives of others. Yours included.
This Cloud Engineer will be responsible for:
* Working as part of a multi-discipline team in a new initiative to build a computing environment in Amazon Web Services servicing both hospital's clinical and research mission.
* Leading network engineer in designing and implement Amazon Web Services network services for multiple projects and integration with other hospital computing environment.
* Implementing subnets, DNS, firewall, and VPN services in AWS.
* Actively managing and monitoring the performance of AWS network services.
* Evaluating new technologies consults with vendors, and recommends their use where appropriate. Providing high-level expert analysis on network related issues. Responding to and resolves network difficulties.
* Leading projects in network design, equipment acquisition, and implements new networks. Developing and maintains network management tools, utilities, and scripts.
* Creating and maintaining network documentation necessary to ensure the efficient network operation of Hospital networks.
* Developing network standards and configurations including network security controls.
To qualify, you must have:
* Amazon AWS or Azure experience.
* Knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts typically acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in a technical field and 5 years' experience.
* Analytical skills to collect information from diverse sources, apply professional principles in performing various analyses, and summarize the information and data in order to solve problems OR design relatively complex systems.
* The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, and discounted rates on T-passes. Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.