The IBM CIO is transforming how we provide IBM Internal Cloud services. The group will provide a services environment that focus on Cloud hosting services, Infrastructure Operations and DevOps. We are looking for talented Cloud Infrastructure Database specialist to join a team in Austin, Texas.
As a passionate, talented DB specialist, you will be an integral part of this support team that will deliver world class support for our end users. Customer satisfaction is your key focus and you will be a significant contributor delivering IT Support that will delight our IBM Users. As one of the first to join this exciting new team of collaborative and customer focused advisors, your goal is will be to deliver excellence in solving specific end user problems.
This role requires outstanding communication, collaboration and problem-solving skills.
Scope expected to support includes the following:
* Configure and deploy application storage, database storage, data backup, data archiving, and disaster recovery solutions
* Install and setup DB2 instances for Application teams.
* Assist with plans for database upgrades by maintaining, evaluating, and creating a processing model
* Assesses database performance by developing a protocol for measurement of results and identification of problem areas.
* Help customers by providing support for database performance by monitoring database performance; evaluating and resolving processing and programming problems; designing database management tools; answering user questions.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Understanding of Database Management for DB2, SQL, Server, Oracle, Mongo DB, and/or Redis
* 3 or more years experience in database maintenance including upgrading and administration
* 3 or more years experience in database security and developing standards
* 3 or more years experience in database performance tuning and operating systems (Linux)
* 3 or more years experience in decision making, problem solving, process improvement, requirement analysis and attention to detail
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
* 5 or more years experience in database maintenance including upgrading and administration
* 5 or more years experience in database security and developing standards
* 5 or more years experience in database performance tuning and operating systems (Linux)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree Commissionable: No
Key Job Details
* Category:Software Development & Support
* Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
* Position Type:Professional
* Employment Type:Full-Time
* Contract Type:Regular
* Req ID:229258BR
* Location:AUSTIN, TX US