7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Cloud Engineering Database Administrator
As a Cloud Engineering Database Administrator, you'll work with multiple database engines including NoSQL engines and traditional relational engines developing and integrating capabilities to transport databases across cloud providers using cutting-edge commercial and open source frameworks. This is an amazing opportunity for a Database Administrator to work with our multi-cloud engineering team accelerating our public cloud adoption.
You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional database technologies and software development skills using tools like node.js, Python and boto, AWS and Google APIs, shell scripting, and JSON.
* Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
* Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support full-stack solutions
* Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment and learn new technologies
* Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies
* Database administration of PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, and other relational engines
* Database administration of NoSQL engines
* Coding in node.js, Python, and shell while leveraging Google, AWS, and database related APIs.
* Deliver features throughout the Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
* Identify and characterize technical risk throughout the Agile SDLC
* Produce resilient solutions meeting the "-ilities" such as availability, reliability, flexibility, scalability
* Code hands-on for feature delivery
* Help determine how the best technology can be applied to meet the customers' needs
* Ability to manage to the right solution by influencing others and key contributors
* Security and user provisioning
* Monitoring and asset support
* Bachelor's degree or military experience
* At least 2 years of database administration experience with each of PostgreSQL, Oracle, and SQL Server
* At least 2 years of database administration experience with one or more NoSQL engines
* At least 2 years of coding experience with each of node.js, Python and shell
* At least 3 years of experience leading and supporting software projects from inception to delivery
* Master's degree
* 4+ years of database administration experience with each of PostgreSQL, Oracle, and SQL Server
* 3+ years of database administration experience with one or more NoSQL engines
* 4+ years of coding experience with each of node.js, Python and Shell
* 5+ years of experience leading and supporting software projects from inception to delivery
* 2+ years of experience with Agile development methodologies
* 2+ years of Cloud experience with AWS or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
* 2+ years of AWS and Google APIs experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position