As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Business Solutions Product Development is part of Visa's Data Product Development organization and is responsible for designing, developing and managing 20+ applications and services for Visa's Commercial line of products. Our range of products include data processing, business intelligence reporting and data mining solutions and B2B payments processing products.
As a Chief Systems Architect, you provide strategic architecture leadership to project architects and your product partners on large and complex projects for Business Solutions product solutions. You understand the business imperatives tied to these strategic projects. You provide technology leadership and are the technical expert on strategic projects, drive the release strategy and guide the delivery of strategic projects aligned to business strategy on innovative payment acceptance, integrated commerce management, powerful risk management and marketing tools. You maintain awareness of dependencies between projects and delivery vision, while ensuring engineering excellence. You build the strategy for your teams to architect, design and deliver the next wave of Business Solutions products.
* Minimum 15 years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree and preferably an advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
* Experience in building data driven frameworks and solutions
* Possesses a deep understanding of benefits/drawbacks of different integration patterns
* Continuous delivery and Dev Ops experience - infrastructure automation, monitoring, logging, auditing and security implementation and practices
* Extensive hands on design/coding experience/skills using Java, J2EE, C++, C# and/or
* .NET with elegant coding abilities and ability to develop solid prototypes or core components quickly.
* Proven knowledge of successful design, architecture and development using Hadoop with large data volumes, expertise with Big Data technologies including Hadoop, Spark, Hive, etc.
* Familiar with Database, ETL and Business Intelligence technologies like Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, etc.
* Experience with Web Services (REST/ SOAP)
* Prior knowledge and experience working in the payments industry is a plus
* Drives the architecture for key cross team / cross product development projects (via architecture/design documents and developing code key modules)
* Establishes software development patterns and best practices via examples and shipping code
* Ensures that all relevant project teams follow a common set of principles and patterns and utilize a standard set of technology frameworks and libraries
* Provides leadership across the architecture community to ensure solutions are built in alignment with platform principles and standards
* Mentors and builds world-class high-performing engineering teams
* Applies architecture best practices that helps increase execution velocity
* Develops architectures that are inherently secure, robust, scalable, modular, API-centric and global.
* Influences technology selection for the enterprise
* Defines deployment topology by working with peers across the Technology organization
* Optimizes use of Visa's Platforms & Solutions
* Demonstrates thought leadership through presentations and teaching across Visa
* Contributes to key Visa and Business Solutions technology initiatives
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.