Chief Data Scientist
Lead a team of data scientists and analysts in developing advanced analytics-focused solutions in partnership with market leaders. Drive analytics thought leadership and solution shaping activities focused on the financial, energy, and development agencies within the civilian government arena. Leverage technical and analytical expertise to explore and examine data from multiple disparate sources with the goal of discovering patterns and previously hidden insights, which in turn can provide a competitive advantage or address a pressing business problem. Leverage expertise in data science, software development, and the latest technologies to design and implement analysis infrastructure and tools, analytic workflow processes, and complex data visualizations. Leverage knowledge of mathematical and statistical concepts, programming, and domain expertise to bridge the gap between technologists and mathematicians, including ensuring software solutions meet analytic requirements.
* 10+ years of experience with analytics, data science, data engineering, and machine learning, including serving in technical project and team leadership roles
* 5+ years of experience with business development, client relationship management, and team leadership
* Experience with writing technical proposals, grant applications, or journal articles
* Experience with the application of data science and advanced data analytics, including structured, unstructured, or relational and data mining and machine learning techniques
* Experience with developing and mentoring staff at all levels and building an internal capacity to deliver high quality and highly innovative analytics services
* Experience with developing and implementing successful market strategy and business development and leading proposal, project, and intellectual capital creation
* Experience with presenting to senior executives and industry conferences and authoring whitepapers and peer-reviewed articles
* Ability to obtain a security clearance
* BA or BS degree
* Experience with Cloud architecture and Cloud security solutions
* Experience with Big Data analytics, semantic ontologies, and natural language processing
* BA or BS degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, CS, Computer Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or equivalent related technical field preferred; MA or MS degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, or a related technical field a plus
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We're an EOE that empowers our people-no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic-to fearlessly drive change.