ECS is seeking a Systems Administrators to work in our Fairfax, VA office.
ECS is seeking a Systems Administrator to work as a member of a team managing and maintaining multiple network enclaves to support the DoD community. The candidate will provide support to a team developing, maintaining, creating, documenting, and installing network and enclave infrastructure for a broad range of Artificial Intelligence (AI) / Machine Learning (ML) datasets, research objectives, applications, and programming requirements. This is a demanding, high-energy position requiring innovative solutions to network, hardware, and software problems. The candidate will perform software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. The candidate will schedule installations and upgrades and maintain them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures and will monitor and tune the system to achieve optimum performance levels. The candidate will have experience with data storage, standards, and structuring of large databases, specializing in database physical structure and functional capabilities, efficiency, security, back-up, and recovery specifications. The candidate will also manage server access for multiple, simultaneous, external vendors i.e., Government, academia, and industry. The candidate must have strong problem-solving skills.
* The job is located in Fairfax VA, with frequent local trips to Ashburn, VA and other locations in the National Capital Region. Periodic short-term travel (less than 10%) worldwide is required.
* Must be a US Citizen
* Must have the ability to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance
* Must have a Bachelors and five years-experience or and Associates with an additional five years-experience
* DoD 8140 compliant certification for security in IAT/IAM Level II.
* Demonstrated experience working with and deploying solutions in production use customer Windows and Linux environments.
* Demonstrated experience troubleshooting complex network environments.
* Demonstrated experience troubleshooting Linux Operating systems.
* Demonstrated experience reporting/briefing status to leadership in person and via telecons.
* Ability to pick up technologies quickly and document recommendations for customer and management approval.
* Demonstrated a working understanding of Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIG) requirements.
* Write/edit and execute technical documents including, but not limited to: Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Concept of Operations (CONOPS), and other technical documents as required.
* The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills and be customer-service and career/growth-oriented.
* Active Secret or TS/SCI Clearance
* Demonstrated hands on experience with Major cloud service providers (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
* Demonstrated understanding of ML/AI Deployments supporting on premise and or cloud infrastructures.
* Collaborate with Cloud Service Providers to design, implement, and maintain cutting edge customer solutions.
* Hands-on experience installing, configuring and deploying automation/ configuration softwares (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
* A working understanding of programing and scripting languages (Python, Bash) and other DevOps technologies.
* Maintains a high level understanding of Storage technologies, Patch management solutions, and System orchestration (Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.