Business Systems Analyst I is an entry-level BSA position. This role participates in the requirements and documentation efforts for financial software applications within Ascensus College Savings.
Responsibilities include performing the requirements scoping and documentation effort, as well as coordinating with internal contacts in Technology, Relationship Management, Client Services and other departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Requirements scoping and definition (35%)
* Gather requirements from internal and external system users
* Ensure project scope is accurately captured and maintained
* Ensure that requirements are complete and feasible
* Documentation (25%)
* Ensure ACS requirements documentation standards are met in creating specifications
* Identify and resolve open requirements issues
* Accurately capture and communicate information throughout all project phases
* Data Conversion (25%)
* Participate in data analysis, planning, and execution of data conversions, including mock conversion efforts and verification
* Assist in developing solutions to data mapping issues when converting from another system
* Coordination (Internal and External) (15%)
* Discuss project solutions/issues with ACS business and tech personnel
* Participate in internal Requirements Reviews to share/discuss functional requirements
* Participate in discussions with external partners to define/discuss/document customer needs
Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
* The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
* A minimum of 1 year of experience as a user working with financial services or similar software applications, or a minimum of 1 year of experience with web-based customer service or similar applications.
* Must be capable of using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
* Familiarity with financial systems and participant transaction processing is preferred, especially 529 Plan, Mutual Fund Transfer Agency or 401k recordkeeping systems
Knowledge and Skills:
* Experience with broker-sold products and industry conventions including front-end load shares, CDSC shares, and NSCC processing
* Experience with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server) is a plus
* Knowledge of SQL query syntax and methodology is a plus
* Drive to solve problems and improve inefficient processes
* Proven ability to quickly grasp information and independently produce results
* Strong communications skills, especially in written documentation
Writing sample must be provided as part of the interview process
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Ascensus also takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified women, minorities, and covered veterans. Ascensus also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state laws