Job Category : Engineering / Science; Information Technology; Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Electric Operations
Job Location : San Ramon
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States.And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, Together, Building a Better California is not just a slogan.It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services.They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic informationor any other factor that is not related to the job.
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
The Substation Engineering Services organization is responsible for project engineering and design work for PG&E substations. The team is responsible for the following:
* Transmission Substation engineering and design * Distribution Substation engineering and design * Technical assistance on feasibility studies * Technical coordination with Transmission Line Engineering and design * Technical consultation (project options) * Project scope, detailed estimates, material lists * Equipment specifications * Construction support * Other activities as needed
The Business System Specialist (BSS) functions as a liaison to Information Technology from the line of business, representing the end users and business process owners in business system requirements, implementations and support. The incumbent understands user needs as well as business procedures, processes and systems for the corresponding department. The incumbent is responsible for all technical supports and improvements for our substation design tools: Bentley Substation Design, ProjectWise, WIP, etc. The support functions includes, but limited to, defining user system requirements, providing end user supports, coordinating user acceptance testing of new features of the design tools and consulting with the users on new technologies & features that may contribute to design process efficiencies. The incumbent performs feasibility analysis, develops project scope, and provides recommendations on alternative solutions, project strategy and deliverable prioritization. The incumbent prepares and delivers business users' system needs to Information Technology and represents user needs in the development of functional specifications.
* BA/BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Information Systems, Business * 7 years of relevant experience in engineering design, IT or Business fields
* Participation in projects of high complexity at an expert level or in a leadership role * Master of Science in Engineering or Computer Science or Masters in Business Administration * Project Management Professional, (PMP), and certification through the Project Management Institute. * Registered Electrical P.E. or other relevant professional licenses. * Knowledgeable to the Bentley Substation Design Tools. * Substation design engineering experience. * Knowledge of PG&E IT architecture and IT project deployment process. * Expert-level knowledge and working experience with multiple corresponding Line of Business-related functional areas. * Expert knowledge of the business requirements process. * Detail oriented, analytical, good oral and written communication skills. * Strong understanding of the utility business. * Ability to work with different teams across disciplines and levels and promote good working environment * Demonstrates advanced understanding of the impact(s) of technical changes to the collective business processes across functional units. * Broad understanding of all relevant business processes of department(s) supported. * Strong communication (written and verbal), organizational and interpersonal skills
Provide expert support to all Bentley Substation Design related products (Bentley Substation Bentley ProjectWise Explorer, Bentley ProjectWise Administrator, Bentley CivilStorm, Bentley Descarte) to both internal design engineers and contractors.
Provide support and lead all Bentley products related initiatives and projects:
* Act as a lead contributor to teams that define, review and approve requirements for the business needs solution. * Work with project management and IT on project requirements, planning and analysis Develop, document, test and maintain Disaster Recovery plans for Bentley infrastructure * Create business cases, route and approve project documentation * Work with IT for packaging and deployment teams to create and test client software packages * Lead training, change management and communications associated with system implementations. * Prepare and update manuals, Requests for Change, procedures.
Evaluate and facilitate with vendor for Bentley product issues, upgrades and improvements:
* Attend meeting with IT and vendor to work on open issues * Manage open trouble tickets with vendor for products * Work directly with Bentley Consultants to resolve issues with infrastructure or client software as needed * Facilitate user groups for Bentley products * Communicate planned and unplanned outages of critical Bentley systems to line of business stakeholders * Anticipate concerns and questions, and provide proactive, timely and professional communications or delegate as appropriate. * Understand in detail current and future business environment; effectively anticipate, identify, and fully meet the business needs.
Provide real time support to all client users' support for Internal & External contractors:
* Setup user permission & roles to Substation & Projectwise * Create and maintain documentation for all product configurations and requirements * Provide upgrades to client software as needed with IT * Create and maintain application workspaces as needed * Troubleshoot all problems internal & external issues with Bentley Substation & ProjectWise * Support & maintain Bentley application configuration settings
Perform and manage administration/security functions the Bentley Substation software platform:
* Maintain security group lists for secure access to file shares and applications * Provide additional in application privileges to specific users as needed * Manage database administration tasks for all new employees for Bentley application * Run backups of all Bentley Substation projects nightly. * Create Benefit Realization reports upon request * Send monthly reports to Supervisors & Leadership which track Bentley usage by group
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.