VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined-data-center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
With 2016 revenues of $7 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers, 75,000 partners, and 19,000+ employees in 120+ locations around the world. At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that thrives on architecting what's next in IT? Learn more at vmware.com/careers.
The Business Process Architect will be a key facilitator across multi-functional teams of business partners in Channel Sales, Field Sales, Sales Operations etc., and focused on motivating change in key prioritized areas. You will work with SMEs from various groups to help identify significant process automation & optimization opportunities, drive collaboration, facilitate discussions, evaluate and analyze options and drive targeted actions. You will need good interpersonal and communication skills, excellent program management and operational skills and the ability to work with multi-functional teams with different requirements.
Essential Functions (Tasks and Responsibilities):
* Analyze existing business practices to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for capability maturity & productivity improvements such as enhancing business processes, expanding capacity, reducing time & cost, and increasing overall effectiveness
* Drive effective business case definition, articulation of cost/benefit investment decision-making for initiatives
* Drive major process re-engineering efforts by leading business owners to define future state processes by conducting process design/requirements workshops. Map existing processes; lead definition of to-be processes using swim-lane diagrams, identify use-cases and build sequence diagrams
* Review and approve technical approach and design documentation
* Ability to build dynamic and rich dashboards for monitoring business performance
* Drive vision for overall change management and communication to stakeholders throughout the initiative lifecycle
* Ensure delivery and implementation of capabilities to drive realization of business value
* Collaborate with Business and IT to define roadmap to reach to-be state. Review, recommend and implement industry standard tools as appropriate to deliver scalable solutions
Qualifications & Experience:
* 10+ years of consulting experience in performing a variety of planning, design & implementation initiatives in the areas of Channel Sales, Field Sales and Sales Operations
* 10+ years consulting experience driving transformation in a variety of business processes & functions in Channel Sales, with downstream Field Sales, Finance & Operations impacts. Transformation needs to include all aspects of 3Ps (People, Process, Policy), as well as technology.
* Proven background in lean six sigma
* Creative thinker with experience in building business partner relationships and handling expectations across different business functions, with a deep focus on Sales and Channel Transformation
* Experience in translating and connecting business strategy to executable roadmap to enable business capabilities that align with objectives and goals
* Strong process analysis and modeling skills along with ability to lead complex enterprise initiatives through business process integrations, converting business strategy into actionable objectives and measurable results
* Validated expertise in devising and implementing streamlined business processes and strategic transformation, optimization and automation solutions to improve efficiency, automation, and productivity while reducing costs and growing revenue
* Able to operate in an Agile development methodology
* Proven track record of performing within complex organizations requiring strong influence management skills
* Strong facilitation skills and experience in handling senior colleague (VP level and up) relationships, partnerships and interactions
* Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills with capability to facilitate strategic business strategy, capability and architecture conversations with all business partners
* Excellent management, organizational and planning skills
* Self-starter who thrives in an ever-changing, dynamic business environment
Knowledge and experience on one or more of the below applications:
* Salesforce Sales Cloud
* Salesforce Marketing Cloud
* Salesforce Analytics
* Salesforce Communities
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.