Foundation Medicine is a molecular information company focused on fundamentally changing the way in which patients with cancer are treated. Our products provide more than information. They offer hope to patients, their families and friends, their physicians and caregivers.
We've seen the difference that our technology can make in the lives of patients, but there is still enormous potential to help even more people. In our drive to help transform the way in which patients with cancer are treated, we strive to improve every life we touch through our dedication to innovation, our commitment to people, and our passion for performance.
The Business Intelligence team has transformed how we at Foundation Medicine consume data. From operational reporting to business analytics, we've worked to eliminate manual data crunching and provided our users with advanced reporting capabilities that make the complex business processes more transparent. This data is increasingly used for external reporting including external sample tracking via our physician portal. The BI team is known throughout FMI as a high performing team that works closely with stakeholders to solve complex data-related problems. It is a tight knit group of technology professionals driven by applying data and analytics to business opportunities.
* Help drive the design, development, implementation and expansion of databases utilizing the full MS SQL Server stack and other database technologies if appropriate.
* Work as a team player with the product, application development, and infrastructure teams to gather data and reporting requirements and formulate solutions to service them efficiently.
* Troubleshoot and solve problems - identify root source of problem/incorrect data and implement measures to correct and prevent future occurrences of it.
* Test performance of databases to insure they are efficient, scalable and tune query execution if necessary to achieve desired system performance.
* ETL/ELT - Plan and execute data migration procedures to move, transform and load data between platforms without service disruption.
* Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or other relevant degree/experience.
* 7+ years' experience in developing and administering Microsoft SQL server databases.
* Expert knowledge in RSBMS concepts, data normalization, SQL Server, and T-SQL.
* Strong skills in OLAP and reporting technologies, preferred.
* Experience developing ETL robust processes.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to communicate well in English.
* Extensive experience writing T-SQL. stored procedures, and query tuning on high-transaction systems.
* Experience with cloud database technologies a plus.
* Deep understanding of data quality, reporting, and data analysis techniques.
* Understanding of APIs and modern web architecture.
* Experience with software lifecycle processes, code reviews, and source control platforms (SSDT, Visual Studio, GIT,VSTS/Azure DevOps).
* Strong desire to collaborate and work as part of a team.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI's EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.