Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading provider of cloud computing services in the world, offering a broad range of highly reliable, scalable, low-cost cloud services across over 190 countries. AWS infrastructure powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up businesses, including industry leaders such as Amazon.com, Netflix, Expedia, Airbnb, and many more, and renowned organizations such as NASA, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Coursera. Though already very successful AWS continues to be a high-growth, fast-moving division within Amazon with a start-up mentality where new and diverse challenges arise every day.
The AWS Central Economics team includes renowned experts in the area of forecasting, causal inference and machine learning and applies economic theory and econometric analysis to build models, systems and tools that inform critical decisions for the AWS business. Such decisions include service valuation and pricing, infrastructure and hardware investments, sales and marketing investments, etc, and can each impact the allocation of hundreds of million $.
We are looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer to partner with our research team and our business partners to identify potential challenges/opportunities for the team to tackle, evaluate projects based on the impact to the business, work with teams across AWS to thoroughly understand available data sets, and put in place reporting solutions for communicating results in an impactful and compelling fashion.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer on this team, you will be a business leader, helping set the direction for the team, setting requirements for the data infrastructure, generating insights and owning reporting solutions for the team. You will get the opportunity to work on very large data sets in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments. You will work closely with the business and technical teams in analyzing many unique business problems and use creative problem-solving to deliver results.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and an ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams. They will have excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels, and a proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workloads. They will be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for analytics and accountability, setting high standards with a focus on superior business impact.
Key responsibilities include:
* Working with business and science stakeholders to understand requirements and effectively prioritizing
* Designing, developing, troubleshooting, evaluating, deploying, and documenting data management and business intelligence systems, enabling stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions
* Design and implement an analytical environment using third-party and in-house reporting tools, modeling metadata, building reports & dashboards and providing our customers timely, flexible and structured access to their data
* Ensuring completeness and compatibility of the technical infrastructure to support system performance, availability and architecture requirements
* Reviewing and participating in testing of the data design, tool design, data extracts/transforms, networks and hardware selections
* Implement training and documentation solutions that enable business stakeholders to get the most out of our self-serve reporting tools.
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.