At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and visionary people. We are looking for a highly analytical Business Intelligence Engineer to join the Amazon's central Accounting Business Intelligence and Analytics team.
Accounting is launching a BI team to help with data ingestion from business across amazon, with partners across Retail, Finance systems, Seller Services, Transportation and various other business and financial teams. One of their main mission is to deliver end-to-end automated solutions for our accountants.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with large transactional volumes and big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts (that are typically being defined in real-time) and, above all, is passionate about data and analytics. This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities, deep knowledge of business intelligence solutions, and the ability to work with technology, product development, finance, and business teams.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Owning the design, development, and maintenance of scalable solutions for ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to support analytical and business needs.
* Develop queries and visualizations for ad-hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting.
* Automate reporting and analysis tools wherever possible.
* Building simple and effective infrastructure tools with scalability top of mind.
* Simplifying and automating reporting, audits, and other data-driven activities; build solutions to have maximum scale and self-service ability by stakeholders.
* Recognizing and adopting best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
* Write high quality SQL code to retrieve and analyze data from database tables (ex. Redshift, MySQL, Oracle)
* Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use.
* Conducting deep dive analyses of business problems and formulate conclusions and recommendations to be presented to senior leadership.
* Producing written recommendations and insights for key stakeholders that will help shape effective metric development and reporting.
* Build agile feedback loop mechanisms to do quick deep dives into new initiatives, measure their efficacy and give recommendations to move closer to desired end state.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.