Amazon seeks an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer (BIE) to join a newly created Enterprise Risk Management and Compliance (ERMC) team. Amazon has a diverse set of global businesses, and each business has some level of compliance requirements across multiple areas, including Payments, Trade, Human Resources, Tax, Social Responsibility, and others. While the responsibility for maintaining compliance is with the individual business areas, this team ensures each business has an effective ERMC program with processes, controls and self-testing in place to address their regulatory responsibilities. This team also assists in risk ranking and mitigation of gaps identified throughout the organization.
In this role you'll own everything from ad-hoc reporting to long term analytical and statistical projects that will affect the effectiveness of the ERMC team. You'll work with multiple Amazon Businesses and Functions, and work with multiple sources and a wide range of data technologies (e.g. Redshift,S3,Tableau,Quicksight etc.) ,stay abreast of emerging technologies, investigating and implementing where appropriate.
Duties & responsibilities for this role will include:
* Owning the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
* Developing Tableau/QuickSight expertise across various business teams, to drive adoption and increase visibility into key measures of business performance.
* Proposing and prioritizing changes to key metric reporting, creating additional metrics and processes based on program changes and customer requirements, and owning the data presented.
* Design, implement, and support key datasets that provide structured and timely access to actionable business information.
* Interfacing with business customers to gather data and metrics requirements, then driving analytic projects which will help solve complex challenges.
* Perform deep-dives to find the root causes behind variances of key parameters.
* Analyzing billions of rows of data and driving insights related to operation and compliance.
* Investigate and implement new big data technologies to provide automatic resolutions to address stakeholder needs.
The successful candidate will demonstrate good business acumen, experience in developing reports and conducting analysis, strong technical skills and communication skills, an ability to work effectively with cross functional teams, and an ability to work in an ever-changing environment.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.