Business Intelligence Developer
The AMA is a unifying voice and powerful ally for America's physicians, the patients they care for, and the promise of a healthier nation. To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health. Join the AMA team as the Business Intelligence Developer in Information Technology. As part of the team, you will design and develop solutions for Business Intelligence across American Medical Association. Provide practical solutions to business needs.
Other Responsibilities will include:
* As directed under moderate supervision, create enterprise reporting and business intelligence solutions. This includes understanding the vision, gathering requirements, delivering solutions, training and documentation. Implement guidelines for the design & development, performance tuning, deployment and maintenance of reporting and business analytics.
* Liaison with other business, and IT departments to maintain performance of business intelligence solutions. Work with other IT departments to manage system capacity and to scale existing systems as necessary. Monitor industry sources for proven practices for performance, delivery and management of data.
* Act in an advisory capacity to business stakeholders. Assist with building prototype solutions as necessary.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration or related field or equivalent is required.
* Minimum 5 years of hands on experience in one or more areas: data warehouse, business intelligence, data analytics, big data, data transformation and data management.
* Minimum 3 years' experience in development of solutions using range of specific technologies such as Informatica Powercenter ETL.
* Experience on SAP Business Objects and Microsoft Power BI preferable.
* Experience with Selligent preferable.
* Experience working directly with the business to define Business Intelligence solutions is required. Must be able to understand and translate business requirements.
* Strong SQL skills are required.
* Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance. The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION