The business intelligence data analyst focuses on finding trends within data to help guide decision-makers.
The business intelligence data analyst works with various organizational sources and departments, depending on the needs of the company, to make strategic and tactical decisions. Through data collection and analysis, the data analyst gains insight and provides recommendations via comprehensive reporting for business improvements impacting quality, profitability and operational efficiency.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Collaborate with departmental teams and/or management to define information needed to meet business needs * Establish more robust sales infrastructure in our financial hierarchies and streamline sales reporting/operations * Rationalize customer transaction databases and avoid duplications * Lead weekly sales pipeline forecasting process and improve the depth of information provided to executive team * Lead cooperative group pricing and align to ensure compliance with government entity procurement/purchasing requirements * Review and validate customer data as it is collected * Oversee the deployment of data to the data warehouse * Develop policies and procedures for the collection and analysis of data * Monitor analytics and metrics results * Implement new data analysis methodologies * Review customer files to ensure integrity of data collection and utilization * Perform data profiling to identify and understand anomalies * Ability to understand and find appropriate applications for data and analysis results
* Develop new data collection and analysis processes based on evolving business needs * Leverage Power BI reporting and integrate with our financial statements and planning * Create reliable ensured and accurate sales analytics reports in our role to provide excellent business decision support to sales team
* Optimize the data collection process by working alongside database warehouse architects and report writers * Identify standard work definitions to be used universally and cross-functionally across the company * Build KPI definitions working closely with Commercial Operations * Build KPI definitions working closely with Cost Accountant/Manufacturing team as it relates to costs by product line for standard costs, RMAs, consumables & inventory
* Identify specialized software and reporting tools for data analysis * Establish performance measurements for software product line with buy-in from business partners cross-functionally * Provide market intelligence on pricing and competitor behaviors in marketplace
* Set up new product infrastructure as the company introduces other new technologies to the marketplace * Identify patterns and trends in the data sets through regular reporting cycles * Provide analytics and identify important trends to support commercial operations
* Interpret data, formalize findings, and make recommendations back to the relevant decision makers within the company
Experience and Skills:
At least a bachelor's degree in business and/or a data-related field, such as information technology
* 2+ years' experience data mining and using data analytic skills * Possess a combination of strong business, analytic, and problem-solving skills * Strong interpersonal skills * Ability to extrapolate what information is being requested by decision-makers and translate that into meaningful reports * Ability to analyze large data sets and understand the business relevance * Strong verbal and written communication skills * Excellent presentation skills * Good working knowledge of business intelligence and analytics tools
AMS IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.