Our RoomIt team is looking to hire a Business Intelligence Analyst. This role may be located in Chicago, IL or Minnetonka, MN.
RoomIt by CWT is a division of Carlson Wagonlit Travel, a long-standing leader in business travel. RoomIt provides travelers with the rooms, rates, amenities, and loyalty programs they want; while helping organizations control their budget and improve travel oversight.
As a Business Analyst, you will create reports and provide support for transforming projects that aid in the development of a best in class revenue management capabilities. You will design and develop reports, drive reporting efficiency and innovation, support business partners when needed with data extract and analysis, as well as liaise with cross-functional teams such as IT or Product Management. This role provides analytical support of ongoing optimization, consulting, and supplier reporting. Maintain operational reporting and analysis efforts, and support the ongoing development of reporting and consulting deliverables.
* Create new and innovative tools to drive yield management strategy and enhance value proposition as well as pull data from already created reports.
* Develop reports based on business created specifications to drive efficiency in reporting and analysis.
* Manage current library of reports including modifications and enhancements as requested.
* Provide guidance to other users of data mining tools as necessary.
* Liaise with other departments as necessary to insure format changes and client specifications are adopted and implemented uniformly.
* Support ongoing innovation and improvement with CWT's supplier management practices, methodology, and
consultative deliverables in assessment, design, optimization, and change management.
* Analyze reporting, data, and industry trends and lead development of recommendations for supplier optimization and value proposition support.
* Participate in and contribute to industry updates and marketplace analysis.
* Bachelor's degree, finance, business, or related field.
* 2 years of experience compiling reports, analyzing data, and working with reporting tools.
* Tableau is preferred skill
* Good knowledge of SQL, Cognos, database coding and/or data mining.
* Excellent oral/written communication skills to communicate internally and externally.
* Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
* Good critical thinking and analysis skills.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Ability to set priorities and work in a fast-paced, multi-project environment
* Excellent ability to analyze data from a variety of sources
* Ability to manage time and prioritize workload efficiently
* Ability to work independently and as a team player
* Ability to be self-motivated
* Travel industry knowledge preferred