Do you want to work on one of the world's most sophisticated Internet infrastructures in a very challenging environment? Do you want to drive our capacity plan to meet the demands of endlessly growing services? The Business Developer will play a pivotal role in organizing, tracking, and ensuring the Business Development team meets strategic targets. This individual will be responsible for forecasting, organizing, and coordinating with both internal infrastructure teams and customers. This role is suited for someone who is excited by rapid growth, willing to chart new territories, and define new processes where there is none. The AWS Internet Services, Infrastructure team is responsible for the strategy, acquisition, implementation, and maintenance of the network and all associated resources necessary to grow Amazon's AWS footprint worldwide.
Amazon.com has continued to grow and evolve as one of the original Internet pioneers. Want to know what are we're up to today? Take everything you know about Amazon.com and turn it inside out. We're taking all the amazing technology that Amazon is built on and exposing it to our customers. Storage, Compute, Content Delivery, and a full suite of virtualized services are all part of the Amazon product line called Amazon Web Services (http://aws.amazon.com). It's a platform that's ready for anything you can dream up -- from your New Zealand travel blog to the next eCommerce Mega-Site on hosted services within the Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) or, your next multi-terabyte online storage repository in Simple Storage Services (S3). Our goal is to become "The Infrastructure Platform" to the world... and our customers are already lining up.
* Massive challenge - This is an entirely new ballgame where no book provides the answer but books are being published on what we've done. We're inventing as we go. No longer is 2x or 3x scaling in the equation. We've got 100x scaling in our sights. This will challenge our innovation and our infrastructure to the max!
* Massive influence - Our infrastructure staff don't work in a vacuum, here at Amazon. We're not handed requirements, we drive them. Amazon Infrastructure is more than just a player; we're integral to the development of AWS. We work daily, with other teams within AWS, on shaping the future of the product. There are no limits to what we're exposed to and what we influence - including strategic roadmap, application architecture, application development & business development. What this means is our staff have more than just the network in mind, we've got the business in mind. We've earned a seat that the table. We're trusted and our customers listen.
* Incredibly smart people - Amazon has brought together the best and the brightest. Out of the box thinking is the norm at Amazon. The box is too far behind. We challenge ourselves and our coworkers, every day, to build it bigger, better & faster. Amazon is your platform - nothing is off the table. If you've got great ideas, this is the place to be heard.
* Total ownership - We're not an assembly line - we own our products from end to end. We understand everything about our product. This is truly a unique time at Amazon, and for the Internet, as we're making history here, every single day. Do your homework & compare us to the other big players. If this is up your alley, we'd love to hear from you.
* Lead initiatives and work closely with teams across the organization, including, network deployment, global expansion, services product management, data center operations, supply chain, procurement, and capacity management.
* Work closely with service owners to understand product roadmaps and devise programs to meet capacity requirements.
* Collaborate with the Internal Business Development Team and own the ingestion, forecast, prioritization, and management of network capacity programs and projects.
* Anticipate bottlenecks, manage risk and escalations, and balance the business needs versus technical
* Clearly communicate with technical owners, product managers, and senior executives.
* Drive process and tooling improvements to increase visibility, throughput and output quality.
The Senior Program Manager, Technical Business Development will need to create and lead teams across different countries, time-zones, cultures, languages and local customs. Clear and concise communication in both written and spoken English, appropriately targeted to a variety of stakeholders, is a key to success in this role.
The nature of the role will involve facilitating program management across remote teams and subject matter experts to troubleshoot and problem-solve project issues, remove blockers, report status and ultimately deliver the project while maintaining all project constraints.
Proficiency in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, resources, quality and risk management is required. Demonstrated mastery of MS Project, MS Excel and MS SharePoint is core to the role. SQL and systems integration skills are a plus.
The ability to work in a tightly coupled team atmosphere is essential. This is an amazing opportunity in terms of responsibility, interesting challenges and high visibility. We truly are looking for the highest quality candidates, so you should expect a rigorous technical interview process.
Amazon is an electronic commerce and cloud computing company.