Kaiser Permanente is seeking a highly skilled PeopleSoft Functional Business Analyst to support the PeopleSoft ERP Asset Management application. The Functional Analyst will be a part of Kaiser-s OneLink (PeopleSoft) Production Support staff and work directly with the nationwide Asset Management and Lease Administration users to provide support in the following areas: Asset Management and Lease Administration transactions, both adhoc and delivered reporting, customizations, interfaces, and enhancements.
Responsible for identifying and documenting business processes through interviewing clients and reviewing and analyzing existing systems and processes. Articulates interrelationships and recasts business flow into system specifications. Conducts gap analyses to document discrepancies between business requirements and system capabilities. May develop project plans and ensure plan adherence. As system development progresses, may have input into reporting requirements/report development, user interfaces, and coordinates or conducts UAT and the final evaluation of the system solution. Serves as liaison between line business (client) and the IT organization.
* Requirements definition and analysis: collects and researches specific client requirements for projects, identifies requirements, gathers workflow data and basic system and reporting specifications. Develops, implements, and supports common business processes and tools. Recommends basic alternatives to address problems. Assesses and manages risks to minimize impact to the overall operations and/or project. Provides functional direction in a particular area of the operation or project. * Project planning and execution: participates in project management process, including participating in project meetings. May document issues, action items, user requirements, or deliverables from project meetings. Performs a variety of project related activities, including analysis or preparation of documentation and presentations. Plans and manages initiatives, proposals, or projects, including identifying project resource needs and roles. Accomplishes all work within established methodologies and standards. * Business User/Owner Application Support: Provides 2nd and 3rd tier application support for assigned application(s). Monitors production batch and ad hoc jobs as required to ensure proper functioning and completion of business operations. Researches and resolves technical and functional issues according to defined prioritization/severity scheme. Influences client and gains commitment to changes required. * Account Management: Manages relationships with assigned customers/internal clients. As a change agent, works to drive culture change, client communications, and related work regarding system changes, implementations, and related business process impacts. * Business and Process Improvement: Identifies opportunities for business or process improvement; makes associated recommendations and implements as appropriate.
* Minimum eight (8) years of related professional experience.
* Bachelor's degree, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field. * High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
* Contributes to the development of concepts, techniques and standards in general business analysis, as well as IT principles and practices. Skills required: * Analysis/documentation of processes, methods, solutions, etc. * Interpretive - translates business processes and requirements into system specifications * Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
* Comprehensive knowledge and experience working in the PeopleSoft Asset Management version 9.2. * Complete understanding of the interaction between AM and other PeopleSoft modules. * Experience using Query Manager and SQL tools to assist users with reporting, research, and data extracts. * Ability to create, update and present functional documents for proposed system enhancements/process changes. * Experience working with users and all levels of management to resolve problems and capture business requirements. * Comfortable conducting meetings with management, business partners, cross pillar teams, and vendors. * Ability to manage tickets through the system development life cycle and escalate issues as needed to ensure production release dates are maintained. * Basic understanding of GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles). * Ability to troubleshoot and debug system issues. * Strong communication and presentation skills. * PeopleSoft Lease Administration, General Ledger, Commitment Control, Project Costing, PO, and AP modules a plus * TWS batch scheduling software a plus
Primary Location: California,Pasadena,Green Street/IDS 99 S. Oakland Ave. Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 8:00 AM Working Hours End: 5:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor Job Category: Information Technology Department: OneLink Production Support Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Click here for additional requirements >
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.