DivisionDefense - E3/Sentinel's Defense Division supports customers across the Department of Defense, including the Office of the Secretary of Defense, Department of the Navy, National Guard Bureau, Office of the Inspector General, and Washington Headquarters Services. By providing program assistance and technical innovation to ensure our nation's security, E3/Sentinel employees help our clients navigate through dynamic environments. Our Defense Division offers a variety of career paths, including program management, systems engineering and technical assistance (SETA), financial analysis, operational support, financial analysis, facilities management, and more. Position Overview
E3/Sentinel is looking for a Business Analyst to join our team. The Business Systems Analyst supports clients and internal SDLC (software development life cycle) teams with expertise of business objectives and documented work products in all project phases. This includes process work-flows (as-is, to-be), alternative of analysis, requirement gathering, vetting and tracking, project reporting, quality assurance testing, training delivery and desktop procedure documentation. The Business Systems Analyst will be an integral role in synthesizing requirements based on SME/stakeholder input, user experience best practices, and industry best practices to make design recommendations and decisions. These professionals are client advocates who bring business solution ideas into implemented project reality. Additionally, supports migration project from Remedy to Remedy current version.
* Work on innovative, interesting IT projects from the first customer contact to the final roll-out
* In close cooperation with internal stakeholders and team members, you will prepare and update documentation related to the project
* Plan and coordinate all tasks in your area of responsibility and document their progress for the project manager
* In all phases of IT projects, you take on an advisory function and are available to advise internal team members and other stakeholders on project details and business requirements
* Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish and document the technical vision
* Provide general project management support including monitoring project performance, schedule and deliverables, tracking risks and issues
* Support quality assurance, user testing
* Elicit and document requirements by using interviews, process and document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis and task and work-flow analysis
* Evaluation of information gathered from multiple sources, reconciliation of conflicts, identification of business needs
* Serve as the conduit between internal teams and external client stakeholders to ensure requirements are met
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Computer / Engineering Technology
* 2 year relevant experience in BMC Remedy Suite ITSM to include 1 Remedy implementations/migration in an enterprise environment
* Knowledge of modern IT infrastructures and business applications
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* Must be adaptable to work in a varied, fast paced environment; to work both in collaboration with team members and alone; and to work at customer sites, our sites, or your home.
* Proactive communication skills and the ability to work with business partners, clients and internal teams
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* ServiceNow & Testing Certifications.
* Understanding of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management
* Experience with Agile methodology/SCRUM.
* Experience using Automated Test Framework in ServiceNow.
* Experience using other ITSM products like Remedy, Seibel will be preferred.
* Ability to apply quality principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
E3 Sell (Select the Only Available Option)E3/Sentinel is a mission-focused services and solutions company that specializes in helping federal clients solve their most challenging business problems. Our motivated and technology-enabled workforce utilizes proven management and technical consulting practices and applies agile principles and data-driven decision making to enable our clients to better meet mission requirements. We create significant value for our clients by bringing subject matter expertise across the federal marketplace in the disciplines of Acquisition Lifecycle Management, Program Management Support Services, Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance, and Facilities and Engineering Management. Excellence, Accountability, Community, Humility and Integrity are the core values of E3/Sentinel. We are recognized leaders in the management consulting community as trusted partners to federal agencies and to industry. We are an organization that offers both our employees and clients an exceptional experience; our culture is contagious, and we always maintain a genuine reputation. EEO Statement (Select the Only Available Option)E3/Sentinel is an equal opportunity employer and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) federal contractor. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. E3/Sentinel hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.