CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
We are looking for a Build and Systems Administration Engineer to maintain and manage our source control systems, package repositories, builds, equipment, and network infrastructure. Resourcefulness, a willingness to learn new technologies, and the ability to adapt to evolving requirements will be necessary skills to be successful in this role.
You will be working with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and will provide elegant solutions to complex build requirements, create and maintain process documentation, and provide general IT support for the Framingham office.
* Project build and lifecycle management (Git, Atlassian ecosystem, Jenkins)
* Maintenance of package management repositories (YUM, APT, Maven, Docker, PIP, etc.)
* Product deployment testing
* Process document creation and maintenance
* Build support
* Office and lab equipment inventory management and setup
* Consulting level typically with 6+ years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree.
* 4+ years of experience with a Master's Degree
* Excellent communication skills
* Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
* Knowledge of Linux systems, and troubleshooting capabilities
* Experience with Java and Web Development
* Knowledge of Virtualization tools (KVM, Openstack, VirtualBox, Vagrant)
* Basic understanding of Networking
* Experience with the Atlassian suite, git, and ant is a plus
Bachelors or Equivalent
Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Massachusetts-Framingham
Requisition # : 203383
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.