Typical duties include...
* Requirements and specification development;
* Conceptual/architectural design;
* Participate in design peer reviews for FSW and electronics / software interfaces;
* Detailed design and development of FSW for instrument command and data handling, external hardware interface and control (position/attitude knowledge, power, thermal, motor/mechanism control etc.), boot processes, error handling, system fault detection, isolation, and recovery, control/feedback algorithms, onboard data reduction;
* Design and develop low-level device driver software for interfacing with FPGA-based designs;
* Develop and execute FSW verification and validation plans;
* Test and support equipment software design, FSW testing and system troubleshooting;
* Prepare test methods and specifications;
* Prepare documentation and user information.
* BS degree with equivalent course work in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or an equivalent field required.
* 15 Years of Experience in real-time, embedded software development in C/C++.
* Must be a US citizen
* Must be able to pass a national agency check
* Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening
Experience must include embedded software development with a Real Time Operating System (RTOS) (vxWorks or RTEMS) for SPARC LEON, RAD750 processors
* Distributed computing and inter-process communication theory, mechanisms, algorithms, and data structures in a space partitioned software architecture;
* Communication buses and protocols (SpaceWire, MIL-STD-1553B, RS-232/422 Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter (UART), Ethernet, CompactPCI (cPCI), Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI), etc.);
* Development experience in the complete life cycle of design, implementation, integration, and test of the flight software;
* Use of automated unit and regression testing, code coverage, static and run time analysis tools, software revision control, continuous integration, and bug tracking tools.
Other Desired Skills:
Active Security Clearance desired.
Bastion participates in the e-Verify and EEO