For more than 11 years, Amazon Web Services ("AWS") has been the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 100 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world-including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies-to power their infrastructure. AWS Premium Support provides global technical support to a wide range of customers using AWS Cloud as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services. AWS Premium Support Global Business Operations (Biz Ops) is a diverse team that provides the underlying infrastructure (tools, people planning, and processes) to enable decision making to ensure business success and is seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Engineer.
In this role, you will be creating tooling and reporting necessary to drive business performance. You will leverage your analytical mindset to create actionable and data driven intelligence to key stakeholders to support business operations. You will collaborate with internal stakeholders who have various needs and find the right balance between structure/consistency and autonomy/flexibility that propels all teams within the organization to deliver for the customer.
* Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative field (engineering, economics, math, or statistics), business, or equivalent
* 1+ years of experience writing sql queries
* 1+ years of experience with database software (SQL Server, MySQL, Access, etc.) and various data acquisition languages (SQL, Python, Java)
* 1 + year of experience with BI reporting software: tableau, MicroStrategy, Power BI, or other related BI reporting tools
* 1+ years of experience with data mining, analytics, and advanced modeling techniques.
* 1+ years of experience performing code review
* 1+ year of experience scripting for automation
* Ability to process large data sets from multiple sources
* Experience building reports
* Experience running ad hoc queries
* Experience manipulating code
* Possess the strong analytical and critical thinking skills
* Must be a self-starter, able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
* Experience owning deliverables end to end
* Ability to prioritize workload effectively
* Work well under pressure to meet ongoing and overlapping deadlines within short time constraints
Must be flexible, detail-oriented, and comfortable in a fast paced environment
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.