At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It's this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
Quest Diagnostics Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) products provide specific answers that clinicians need to deliver the appropriate diagnostic and prognostic care to patients throughout the United States. As a Bioinformatics Senior Automation Engineer, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge. You can make a real impact in a market that is growing and developing.
Bioinformatics Senior Automation Engineer - the role:
As a member of the Quest Diagnostics Bioinformatics team you will work closely with Bioinformatics developers to build and maintain automated software testing infrastructure that comply with regulatory requirements.
* Develop an automation framework and tools for regression and acceptance testing
* Work closely with bioinformatics engineers and software leads to gather and implement requirements for an automation framework
* Enable and support bioinformatics engineers to use the automation framework and infrastructure throughout SDLC
* Work with bioinformatics engineers to plan, document and execute test cases
* Work with IT QA specialists to support E2E and system testing
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
* B.S. in Bioinformatics, Genomics, Genetics, Computer Sciences or a related field with 4+ years of experience in software validation and verification
* Experience with software development best practices: unit testing, issue tracking, software life cycle, and shared code repositories
* Experience in test automation, test case management tools, and best practices for scalability and maintainability
* Demonstrated programming and scripting skills in a Linux environment (Perl, Python, R, C/C++, etc.)
* Experience with working in a regulated clinical environment
* Demonstrated ability to communicate efficiently and work effectively with a team of scientists
* Demonstrated ability to innovate
* Experience in working with on prem and cloud computing environments
* Experience with writing SQL queries
* Familiarity with container workflows and with workflow languages
* Use of version control tools, eg. Git
* Experience preparing documentation in support of CAP/CLIA certification
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.