Look for more than answers.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It's this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
As a Bioinformatics Pipeline Engineer, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge. You can make a real impact in a market that is growing and developing.
Bioinformatics Pipeline Engineer - the role:
Quest Diagnostics Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) products provide specific answers that clinicians need to deliver the appropriate diagnostic and prognostic care to patients throughout the United States. As a member of the Quest Diagnostics Bioinformatics team you will focus on the full life cycle of clinical-grade NGS pipelines - from design and development to implementation and integration - ensuring maximal accuracy for patient care.
* Work in collaboration with key scientific personnel to build, test, adapt, support and validate clinical-grade variant analysis pipelines with integration into our production systems
* Participate in pipeline standardization across multiple partner sites
* Maintain current NGS production pipeline(s)
* Consult on process and technology improvements within R&D, Operations, and IT departments
* Participate in the resolution of operations support requests where NGS analysis pipelines are involved
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:·
* B.S. with 6+ years of experience in Bioinformatics, Genomics, Genetics, Computer Sciences or a related field; M.S. with 4+, or Ph.D. with 2+ years of experience, or equivalent is preferred
* Proficiency building, running and monitoring genomic analysis pipelines on prem and cloud computing environments
* Proficiency working in Unix/Linux operating systems (BASH scripting and command line tools)
* Proficiency in programming and scripting (Perl, Python, R, C/C++, etc.)
* Proficiency in commonly used command-line NGS tools (BWA, SAMTools, Bowtie2, Picard, PINDEL, GATK, etc.)
* Experienced in manipulating large NGS sequencing datasets: data transformation, read trimming, alignment, variant calling, and data store migration
* Experienced in developing container workflows for genomic data analysis
* Ability to understand and communicate statistical measures for interrogating the quality of data manipulation
* Demonstrated ability to communicate efficiently and work effectively with a team of scientists
* Demonstrated ability to innovate
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.