The Emmes Company, LLC established in 1977, is a Contract Research Organization (CRO). Headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, Emmes employs over six hundred staff worldwide with offices located in Frederick, Maryland, Tysons Corner, Virginia, Vancouver, Canada and Bangalore, India. Ranked as a top area workplace of choice by the Washington Post, Emmes fosters an environment of collaboration, professional growth, and exceptional work life balance.
Our studies impact public health initiatives on a global scale occurring in more than sixty countries spanning across six continents. We are dedicated to providing statistical and epidemiological expertise, computer systems deployment, data management, study monitoring, regulatory guidance, and overall operational support to clients engaged in biomedical research. Emmes offers support for the entire process of clinical trials from study design and protocol development through data analysis and manuscript generation. Emmes is seeking a Bioinformatics Analyst to support studies with bioinformatics analysis components.
Emmes' Bioinformatics Service Group (BSG) helps clients to interpret complex -omics datasets such as next-generation sequencing data. The BSG provides bioinformatics data processing, management, analysis, and software development services. This position will support one or more studies supported by the BSG. Disease areas supported by the BSG include cancer, vaccines, and infectious disease research. Supported data include genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, lipidomics, metabolomics, and metagenomics data generated using sequencing, array, or mass spectrometry-based assays.
The Bioinformatics Analyst applies existing or implements new analysis strategies/algorithms suitable for -omics data analysis, writes analysis specifications/plans, prepares summary reports that facilitate data interpretation, and contributes to scientific publications. A Bioinformatics Analyst also designs, develops, evaluates and modifies bioinformatics software to process, analyze, and manage -omics datasets and identifies and resolves software or data issues. A Bioinformatics Analyst writes well-documented computer code and participates in validation of computer programs. A Bioinformatics Analyst typically is proficient in using Unix/Linux-based operating systems and develops analytical programs using the R programming language.
* Applies existing or develops new analysis strategies/algorithms suitable for -omics data analysis.
* Develops bioinformatics software for processing, analysis, and management of -omics data.
* Prepares reports to summarize -omics data.
* Keeps up-to-date with analytical methods and software for analyzing-omics data.
* Writes well-documented computer code, conducts code reviews and programming validation as needed.
* Authors or contributes to manuscripts and/or scientific presentations.
* May provide statistical input for the development of clinical trial protocols with -omics endpoints to ensure that the design and methods are scientifically valid and feasible.
* Writes analysis plans that outline analysis strategies/algorithms for -omics data analysis.
* Contributes to study reports including results interpretation to be distributed to internal and external monitoring committees and regulatory bodies.
* Other duties as assigned.
* MS in a scientific discipline related to bioinformatics and 2 years relevant experience or PhD
* Background in genetics, molecular biology, genomics, proteomics, or other related fields.
* Strong analytical skills with experience in applying and/or developing methods for analyzing various types of -omics data (genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, or metabolomics) from different platforms (next-generation sequencing, microarrays, or mass spectrometry)
* Strong computer programming skills in the R statistical programming language as well as Python, Perl, C/C++, MATLAB, FORTRAN or Java.
* Competent in using Linux/Unix operating system command line interface.
* Experience using IDEs (such as Eclipse or Rstudio) and Version Control software (Git, SVN, or similar) to manage programming code.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks.
* Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
* Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts, both written and oral.
Emmes has an outstanding benefits package including: generous tuition reimbursement, professional development and training programs
CONNECT WITH US!!
Follow us on Twitter - @EmmesCRO
Find us on LinkedIn - EMMES
The EMMES Company, LLC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.