Current Employees/Contractors of LendingClub: Please apply via your internal Workday AccountLendingClub (NYSE: LC) was founded in 2007 under the belief that a technology and data-driven marketplace can improve the way people access and invest in credit, creating value for both sides. Since then, we've helped millions of Americans take control of their debt, pursue their dreams, and invest in their future - all in a fair, transparent, and affordable way. Today we're the world's largest online credit marketplace, facilitating billions of dollars in loans annually, and we're leading the governance of a new industry by developing ethical, responsible ways to bring greater value and better opportunities to our members. Everyone deserves a better financial future and our team is committed to making that a reality.
About the Role
LendingClub reinvented the way consumers procure unsecured personal loans. Now we are reinventing the way we do data. We are looking for a Big Data/Software Architect to help us make it happen! Our Big Data Solutions group is responsible for the strategic architecture, engineering and deployment of our Big Data ecosystem. With movement of LendingClub's Big Data platform to AWS in progress, the team is in parallel building real-time analytical and machine learning capabilities designed to bolster every aspect of our business.
If your experiences match our qualifications, and your next career step includes gaining practical and hands-on experience with ground-breaking technologies in the computer engineering and data space - We'd love to hear from you!
What You'll Do
* You have a successful track record engineering Big Data solutions with technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Spark.
* You know how Hadoop or Spark behaves in large scale map / redistribution events, and how to create efficient jobs minimizing overhead and unnecessary intermediates.
* You have opinions on big data serialization formats like ORC, Parquet, Avro.
* You have experience with Java and/or Scala development, with specific experience in supporting data science activities across both notebook development and production code.
* You know how to design effective streaming systems using technologies like Spark Streaming, Apache Flink/Storm, and Apache Kafka.
* You know different ingestion patterns and ETL processing mechanisms and ability to drive standard implementations across organization.
* You have a high bar for operational excellence; ability to quickly lead team through issues resolution, root cause analysis and successfully prioritize corrective action.
* You're a great teammate with a dedication to grow others around you through technical curiosity and collaboration.
* You enjoy mentoring junior engineers and promote a culture of continuous learning; take an active role improving the overall potential of the group.
* You have a real passion for designing and leading the implementation of resilient, distributed software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures.
* You have a desire to learn about, evaluate and appropriately drive team adoption of new technologies and methodologies.
Pluses include a familiarity with AWS or GCP, Qubole, Airflow, Cassandra; scalable RDBMS technologies like AWS Redshift or Pivotal Greenplum
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.