EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit ('FSO') that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
We help our clients transform. Together we are changing the way they interact with their Customers, Employees and Partners alike. We are modernizing their applications, creating new ones and driving business efficiency across their ever-changing platform and channel infrastructures. Everything we do centers around this simple story.
Within FSO IT Advisory, the Enterprise Architecture competency works collaboratively with clients to enable disruptive innovation through transformational design solutions. The team supports our clients in modernizing systems, processes and products to enhance business and customer-facing platforms and services to support high performance in a rapidly changing and competitive environment. The team leverages Microservices, Cloud, Omni channel integration, API Management and open source technologies to enable end to end automation with safe and sound architecture at optimum cost.
Your key responsibilities
We are currently seeking a Manager to lead Big Data projects. Managers are typically responsible for managing standalone projects or elements of multiple client engagements. Their duties include service delivery, identifying future sales opportunities, and supporting practice development activities in the Digital Transformation practice. This professional will provide leadership to employees, manage and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds, consistently deliver quality client services by monitoring progress, and demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge.
Skills and attributes for success
* The expectations are that a Manager will be able to maintain long-term client relationships and network and cultivate business development opportunities.
* Provide high quality client services by directing daily progress of engagement work, informing engagement manager of engagement status, and managing staff performance.
* Expected to help recruit, develop and retain strategy professionals, coach and mentor team members, deliver strategy-related training and take on other practice management tasks as needed (e.g., development of practice offerings).
To qualify for the role you must have
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems Management, Accounting, Finance or a related field.
* A minimum of 5 years of post-bachelor's work experience
* Must have experience assisting clients with Strategic Big Data initiatives, preferably focused in financial services.
* Must have presentation skills ' ability to create PowerPoint deck to communicate solution architecture to various stakeholders.
* Hands on experience in architecting Big Data applications using Hadoop technologies such as Spark, MapReduce, YARN, HDFS, Hive, Impala, Oozie, HBase, Elasticsearch, Cassandra.
* Experience working with Business Intelligence teams, Data Integration developers, Data Scientists, Analysts and DBA's to deliver well-architected and scalable Big Data & Analytics eco-system
* Experience using Neo4J or understanding of graph databases
* Strong Experience with event stream processing technologies such as Spark streaming, Storm, Akka, Kafka
* Experience with at least one programming language (Java, Scala, Python)
* Extensive experience with at least one major Hadoop platform (Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR)
* Proven track record of architecting Distributed Solutions dealing with real high volume of data(petabytes)
Ideally, you'll also have
* Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
* Experience with SQL and scripting languages (such as Python, R)
* Deep understanding of cloud computing infrastructure and platforms.
* Good understanding of Big data design patterns
What we look for
We're interested in highly motivated talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you're serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus we offer
* Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
* Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
* The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Ernst & Young (doing business as EY) is a multinational professional services company.