We are a 150+ person team funded by top-tier firms, based in Santa Monica, CA with satellite offices in San Francisco. We are a low-key but tight-knit group of hard-working people working to fix America's broken healthcare system. Americans spend over $400 billion per year on prescriptions and too many people simply can't afford the medications they desperately need. Join GoodRx and help us solve meaningful problems that help us make people's lives better every day.
About the Role
Our Senior Backend Web Engineers are responsible for development of all backend web components that power our Mobile Apps, Mobile and Desktop sites, REST API's, Push Notification Services.
In this role, you will be responsible for the management, development, design, and maintenance of these components - providing solutions that help millions of Americans save on their prescription drugs every year!
GoodRx Senior Backend Web Engineers tackle problems that require strong design, programming, communication and intuitive skills - and are able to turn ideas into production-ready solutions. They are deft at working with a wide variety of technologies such as Python, Pyramid, MySQL, PostgreSQL on AWS, in a fast-paced and friendly environment.
* Work closely with various business partners (backend, mobile, apps, operations)
* Make smart engineering and product decisions based on data analysis and collaboration
* Provide guidance and leadership to the team by setting standards for code quality and timeliness
Skills & Qualifications:
* 3+ years of professional, recent experience writing backend web code in Python
* Experience with at least one popular Python Web Framework: Pyramid, Flask, Django
* Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs
* Experience deploying and maintaining cloud-based web services (AWS preferred)
* Professional experience with relational and non-relational database technologies
* First-hand understanding of the full development lifecycle
* Experience with agile methodologies and rapid iteration cycles
* Advanced Integration test and unit test experience
* Strong Linux fundamentals (comfortable in shell environments)
* Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills
* Effective verbal and written communicator
* Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree a plus
* Experience with JIRA, Asana, or other issue tracking tools are a nice to have
GoodRx is America's leading prescription price transparency platform. More than 8 million people use the GoodRx website and our mobile apps each month. GoodRx helps consumers save up to 80% on their medications by delivering prices and available discounts at nearly every pharmacy in the U.S. Thousands of physicians and employees use GoodRx, and its services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, the American Heart Association, The New York Times, ABC News, AARP, Forbes and many others.