Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world-class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
Our team provides next-generation warehousing and analytics software for massive, heterogeneous healthcare data assets. Our products help biopharma companies better understand their products in real world use, and compete in a landscape that is increasingly dependent on technology, and changing at an accelerating pace. As a backend engineer, you will work on a small team that develops and delivers an innovative Software as a Service platform, providing data analytics capabilities across large, diverse healthcare data sources. The successful candidate will possess a mix of deep software engineering skills with an ability to effectively communicate with potential users to develop valuable technology solutions. Must enjoy working in a collaborative, team-focused environment.
This position is office based and has the option of being located in Harrisburg, PA, Malvern, PA, or San Francisco, CA.
* Design and develop large-scale, service-oriented architectures providing efficient access to large healthcare data sources and enabling our life sciences clients to generate evidence related to the safety, efficacy, and value of marketed pharmaceutical products * Create RESTful APIs that provide unprecedented access to cutting edge analytics for health data * Collaborate as part of a cross-functional team * Liaise with Business Analysts and/or internal / external customers to ensure that requirements are understood * Produce accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the required level of detail in the timelines defined by the PM * Prepare and execute unit test plans * Produce efficient and fully documented code * Develop supporting technical and installation documentation for internal and external publication * Achieve productivity targets in order to ensure developments are delivered within budget, to schedule and to defined quality standards * Complete all necessary software and non-software components in the timelines as defined by the PM * Manage work tasks with minimal supervision
Quality and adherence to Standards
* Ensure all work is reviewed to ensure adherence to the relevant development standards * Give peer feedback and complete code reviews * Provide timely and accurate reporting of project status as required by PM * Determine accurate and detailed development work estimates * Escalate product issues in a timely fashion and suggest product improvements * Mentor team members in best practices and standards
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
* B.S. in Computer Science, EE, or similar technical discipline * Excellent programming skills in Python, Java, C#, C++, or similar language * Background in math, statistics, public health or epidemiology * Excellent application documentation skills
* Limited travel is required in this role
* Monday through Friday or as defined by local requirements
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, including holidays, vacation, medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance and retirement savings.
Allscripts policy is to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in all of its employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for North American based positions with Allscripts must be legally authorized to work in the United States or Canada. Verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.
From a "VEVRAA Federal Contractor" We request Priority Referral of Protected Veterans
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.