Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we're growing by leaps and bounds!
But we're only just getting started. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place where people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible, then connecting people with each other. Users already love Venmo, but we know there are lots of things we haven't thought of to make the experience of using Venmo even more delightful and valuable. All that's going to take a lot of figuring out. Let's figure it out together!
Engineering at Venmo
At Venmo, we are creating a product that people love. We strive to create a delightful user experience while connecting the world and empowering people through payments. We are looking for intellectually curious people who want to be inspired and inspire others to change the world.
Engineering is a craft, and at Venmo we want the internals of our software to be as elegant as the end user experience we are designing. We spend our days scaling our infrastructure and building new features to meet and exceed our user's needs and wants. We teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests.
The Experience Team is responsible for enabling millions of Venmo users the ability to use their Venmo balance for purchasing goods online or in physical stores.
What You'll Do
* Create and implement architecture consistent with enterprise architecture standards, guidelines and principles and work with engineering to ensure that implementations are consistent with the spirit of these principles
* Understand the broader business and contribute to technology direction
* Develop novel architecture and services that gain measurable business improvements * Provide leadership to both the other backend engineers on your team. * Build APIs that support new features in the iOS and Android mobile Apps
What We're Looking For
* Bachelor's and/or Masters in computer science OR related field of study
* 5+ years experience in software development or a related field * Experience working on large, distributed systems; our stack uses Kafka, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra * Strong object-oriented programming skills; our stack is in Python, using Django and Tornado frameworks * Experience developing monitoring for high availability, production systems; our stack uses Grafana, SumoLogic, Kibana, ElasticSearch
* Experience mentoring and developing software engineers
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.