Dragon Innovation provides the fastest, simplest, and safest way to manufacture electronics at scale. We do this through our industry expertise and easy to use software to help get your products to market at cost, on time, and done right.
Founded by a team of hardware experts, Dragon provides exceptional software tools and a clear path from prototype through production with unmatched manufacturing expertise and trusted connections.
Dragon's customer roster includes: Jibo, Cloudtalk Nucleus, American Kennel Club, Muzik, Ring, Pebble, MakerBot, LIFX, Orbotix, and hundreds of other companies changing the way that new technology gets made.
On the software team, we're building modern SaaS applications to transform the development of hardware and electronics products. Our pie-in-the-sky vision is to make creating a new hardware product as easy as spinning up AWS or Heroku infrastructure. That's where your software expertise comes in. This is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor and learn the ropes as we revolutionize hardware manufacturing.
We are a small team, with broad backgrounds and strong expertise, dedicated to building high-quality code and products. Our current tech stack is Rails and Vue.js, with Postgres and Heroku. We offer excellent compensation, great benefits, perks, and have a battle-tested development process that ensures a quality product and healthy work-life balance. You will have the opportunity to learn and explore many new areas of technology or business, with ample mentoring or self-direction depending on your own desire and initiative.
Dragon Innovation is looking for a backend or full-stack software engineer in the Boston area with experience in Ruby on Rails. Skills in a modern UI framework, database architecture, data analytics, or hardware manufacturing are a strong plus.
We are growing our team and building an exciting new product at our office in Cambridge. We are looking for solid, motivated candidates at all levels of experience for this role. You'll need to be able to adapt quickly, and be willing to work independently on tasks that may be new and challenging to you.
* An ideal candidate will have most of these skills: * Experience in Ruby on Rails * Thorough understanding of how the Web and the Internet works * Customer-focused thinking and decision-making * Awareness of security issues related to building and running a modern web application * Interest in or curiosity about hardware, manufacturing, and physical product design * Familiarity with a modern UI framework, database architecture, data analytics, or hardware manufacturing.
* Uses process design technology methodologies, programming languages and tools and solutions design techniques to develop applications to meet business specifications. * Validates functional specifications, builds technical specifications and develops application documentation. * Performs analysis, design, development and testing of applications to solve business requirements. * Integrates new or enhanced application components. * Develops conversion and system implementation plans. * Supports change readiness initiatives as needed.
Job Level Specifications:
* Applies advanced knowledge of technical standards, principles and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts. Advanced knowledge of other related disciplines. * Solves highly complex and unusually challenging technical problems. Assignments require extensive evaluation of alternatives and data. Solutions are highly innovative and ingenious. Is expected to make improvements to technology standards and practices. * Works virtually independently toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated using independent judgment and discretion. Work is checked through consultation and agreement with others and only informally from direct supervisor. Might supervise 1 - 2 individuals who provide tactical / technical support. * Serves as advisor to management and external spokesperson for the organization on major technical initiatives. Acts as an advisor to management and customers on advanced technical initiatives and applications. * Actions guide and impact the successful completion of major projects. May function as a project leader. Effects of erroneous decisions are long-lasting, require the expenditure of extensive additional resources and will result in the organization's failure to meet objectives.
* Typically 10+ years with bachelor's or equivalent or 8+ years with master's
Education and Certification(s):
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.