* Strong programming skill with experience in API and Webhook development using Python, Ruby, PowerShell and Shell Scripting languages.
* Experience with automating and integrating Azure Data PaaS solutions (Azure SQL, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure SQL Datawarehouse, Azure Data Lake).
* Write and use Azure RM templates.
* Understand product features for DR/BCP options and how fits in overall application architecture.
* Create design/architecture patterns covering HA and DR/BCP.
* Understand security features and for Azure Data solutions (data protection, authentication, RBAC, audit logging…).
* Ability to troubleshoot Application connectivity/access to Azure databases, NSG, basic routing.
* Understand and develop concepts related to deploying databases via CI/CD pipeline.
* Ensure that all Cloud solutions follow internally defined security and compliance controls.
* Implement the enterprise cloud capability and enhance the Cloud Orchestration platform for automated provisioning, management and scalability of hosts, containers, applications and Cloud services.
* Proficiency in Cloud automation using native Azure CLI.
* Ability to participate in fast-paced DevOps Engineering teams within Scrum Agile processes.
* A critical thinker with strong research and analytics skills.
* Self-motivated with a positive attitude and an ability to work independently and or in a team.
* Able to work under tight timeline and deliver on complex problems.
We are looking for an Azure Database/DevOps Engineer to work across multiple diverse businesses within TD to deliver enterprise database capabilities and solutions on Azure. The perfect candidate will have previous public cloud experience delivering enterprise data solutions within financial services including knowledge of the security and regulatory requirements.
As a Database/DevOps Engineer, you will work in collaboration with cloud engineering, network, security and risk management to deliver secured Azure database solutions (Azure SQL PaaS, Cosmos DB, other Azure database offerings) that meet security policies and standards within TD.
You will collaborate with developers in our Azure engineering team and lines of business to implement and continuously improve the framework and tools to support self-service automation of the platform. You will develop design patterns and custom code in Jenkins, Groovy, Python and Powershell to automate database builds, deployment, and automate testing for the platform.
You will have a strong passion for writing code to automate and integrate technologies and eliminate manual steps. You will work with our business developers and internal teams to maintain a backlog of features and integration enhancements to continue to automate the platform. You will develop code using our agile JIRA tools to manage a backlog of enhancements and bug-fixes, managing source code in Stash and binaries in Nexus. You will also develop automated integration tests to run on our Jenkins CI (continuous integration) platform for test automation to help support bug free releases.
* Expertise in Azure SQL and Cosmo DB database covering:
o Deployment, configuration options
o Understand DR/BCP and HA configuration options and how fits in overall application architecture and RTO/RPOs.
o Security features (data protection/encryption set-up, AD authentication, access controls/RBAC, audit logging…)
o Monitoring and performance tuning
o Methods for data migration
* Experience migrating on-premise databases to Azure
* Exposure to 3rd party database configuration/migration tools like Flyway
* 3+ years of experience developing platform orchestration code in Python and Groovy
* 3+ years of experience writing automation pipelines in Jenkins
* Demonstrated knowledge of Cloud provisioning and administration, Cloud bursting, Cloud interoperability, Cloud disaster recovery and business continuity strategies, as well as performance measurement and monitoring in the Cloud
* Must be a self-starter, demonstrated ability to take independent action to achieve results
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly with all levels within the team
* Highly developed critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
* Advance knowledge of software development life cycle and working in an Agile Scrum team
* Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skill
The Toronto-Dominion Bank is a multinational banking and financial services corporation.