Addx Corporation (Addx), a rapidly growing Amazon Web Services (AWS) Public Sector Services Partner, has an opening for a journeyman (3 to 7 years) AWS DevOps/SysOps candidate to assist a Navy client initially in maintaining and developing a modern technology SaaS GovCloud (IL4) stack that will help our Navy client move from a human-centered Subject Matter Expert (SME)-based on premise business model to a business model knowledge-based solution. Addx is looking for high-energy problem solver who has qualifications and experience to be a part of our current technical team to build and implement an AWS cloud solution that will be combined with a continuously learning knowledge management (KM) environment.
Addx is seeking a highly qualified AWS Cloud Engineer with experience in both SysOps and DevOps to support the deployment, security configuration, and maintenance of cloud systems. In addition to transitioning existing infrastructure to Cloud based computing, the Cloud Engineer will be involved in establishing a DevOps framework using Cloud resources to rapidly transition applications and capabilities from development to operations. The AWS Cloud Engineer will be pivotal in the delivery of next generation cybersecurity and data science (cyber science) tools, big data platforms, and IT automation capabilities that leverage AWS and custom services to modernize cybersecurity and continuous monitoring at the agency.
Potential applicants must be familiar with defining, documenting, communicating, and implementing cloud environment requirements, as well as attending integrated product team and other relevant planning and engineering meetings to facilitate cloud test environment development and administration.
DevOps responsibilities will include:
* Build solutions for automated management, deployment and monitoring of application components used by critical business applications and engineers within AWS
* Responsible for provisioning and supporting engineering application/environment; focusing on faster provisioning, reliability and consistency
* Work with the heads of engineering and product to coordinate day-to-day Agile software development lifecycle processes that ensure sound solutions are implemented and are delivered properly and on time
* Utilize and develop upon build automation tools that will enhance the scalability of the organization and help to ensure consistency and stability
* Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; drafting problem definitions, drafting requirements, and solutions development
SecOps responsibilities will include:
* Confidently and intelligently respond to security incidents, and proactively consider how to prevent the same type of incidents from occurring in the future.
* Design and coordinate cohesive responses to security events that involve multiple teams across the organization.
* Build security utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow Security Engineers to operate at high speed and wide scale.
* Evaluate the impact to the organization of current security trends, advisories, publications, and academic research. Coordinate responses as necessary across affected teams to do the right thing for our customers and our organization.
* Ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of sensitivity, and multiple audiences.
* Recognize, adopt and instill the best practices in security engineering fields throughout the organization: development, cryptography, network security, security operations, incident response, and security intelligence.
* Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication and system security.
* Fulfill regular on-call responsibilities.
The candidate should be eager to learn new technologies and methodologies. The client atmosphere is congenial yet the candidate may be challenged to users consider alternative solutions to challenge the status quo. The Navy does embrace a compelling need for change since the current operational environment is not sustainable. They welcome ideas that can improve productivity or simplify code. The ideal candidate for this position enjoys programming and business process change management challenges
* BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or 3+ years' equivalent technology experience. Undergraduate Degree highly desired but can be substituted with 3 additional years of experience
* Candidate must have demonstrable expertise in Amazon Web Services (AWS), with a strong preference for AWS "Associate" level certified (or higher) candidates.
* 5 years or more of demonstrated experience with a focus in areas such as systems, network, and/or application security.
* Experience on a Security Operations team, especially experience coordinating responses to security incidents.
* Experience with virtualization technologies, especially with AWS services.
* Relevant industry certifications from SANS, ISC2, etc.
* Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills.
* Strong demonstrated knowledge of web protocols, common attacks, and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture.
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic environment.
* Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business.
* Experience in Agile Software Methodologies
* Development background with Operations experience
* Excellent communication skills
We are looking for an individual who can balance technical risks against business risks and consistently drive for the right results. They must have the passion for engineering novel solutions to complex security challenges, and recognize and fill gaps in capabilities. The ability to quickly design and build internal-facing tools that enable scaled programmatic automation is a plus.
The successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background in information security. We value broad and deep technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of cryptography, network security, software security, malware analysis, forensics, security operations, incident response, and emergent security intelligence.
An ideal SecOps candidate should be able to accomplish most of the following:
Overall responsibilities of this combined role also include but are not limited to:
* Be accountable for the delivery and support for AWS infrastructure in support of a major application development and deployment project
* Support the Continuous Integration model and tooling
* Work directly with an integrated team and external players on a day-to-day basis to ensure application, automation, test and infrastructure requirements
* Take ideas from concept to production through the use of DevOps and SecOps open source tools an solutions
* Facilitate, through automation, the Delivery of Services into the Navy Cloud
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Must be flexible, able to work in a highly collaborative environment, juggle multiple tasks at once, and work independently and collaboratively as needed. Must have superior interpersonal skills and strong communication skills. Be comfortable working directly with the Project Manager to support emerging client needs as well.
* Active SECRET Clearance is highly desired or ability to pass basic government background check